• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RapidRounds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 21, 2015
    Sellersburg
    I have posted 2 WTS today yet none show up in New Posts. Curious as to how other WTS are showing up but mine are not. New to forums in general and want to make sure I'm not violating rules but also effective in posting. Any help is appreciated.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    As you know I saw your stock ad. If you posted another one before that it probably didn't post because of your post count. If this is post 51, only one other could have shown up. On INGO there is a rule that you must have 50 posts in order to post an ad.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you click on New Posts, it only shows threads that have been updated since you were last in it.

RapidRounds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 21, 2015
    Sellersburg
    Yeah Jetta found both of them. I was just curious as I went to new posts and couldn't find any of my WTS yet others posted around the same time as mine are showing up. Bfish I appreciate the heads up on the pics. I wouldn't have known otherwise as they showed up on my end haha.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh wait, I know what you're asking.

Only unread posts will show up under "New Posts". Since you posted them, they aren't new to you. Others will have them show up...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The "new posts" is whatever has been posted in most recently. So a 5 year old post can be on that list if someone just commented in it. So your new thread may have been visible for a short time but with lots of posting going on it will quickly move down the list. If you look in the subsection you posted in you will find them. These reasons are why you see people "bumping" their threads.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I have seen a forum before however I think Jetta is correct. Since I posted them they aren't visible to me in New Posts. That's my guess. Anyways thanks too all who chimed in it was helpful.

This. The act of posting is also considered a view. Next time you post a new thread anywhere look at the parent category. You will see it already has 1 view as soon as it goes live. If you want to check something like that you can use the "activity stream" link. Left hand side, in the black bar under the large INGO logo. It will show you all posts in the order they were posted regardless of what sub-forum it's in.

If someone were to post to your WTS threads then they would show up under your new posts.

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Am I crazy?
    I coming here off & on for years now.
    It seems that about every time I come here my post count is too low to PM or anything.
    But I have been PM'ing before......
    What gives?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Am I crazy?
    I coming here off & on for years now.
    It seems that about every time I come here my post count is too low to PM or anything.
    But I have been PM'ing before......
    What gives?

Wake up! This isn't real. You are in a coma!!!!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    INGO was my first forum I ever signed up for and used. It took a while to get the hang of it.

Same here. It's honestly the only one I'm really active on too. I like the set up though compared to others I've kind of looked at, pretty user friendly I think.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    How do I contact a seller who only has pm but I do not have enough posts? Thanks.

First post in 3 years? Read the classified rules, they are a sticky at the top of the classified section and also in the FAQ.

You need to either become a site supporter then ask the mods to adjust your post count to reflect that...

Or you can work on your post count to get to 50 posts. Make sure you are using QUALITY POSTS and not just junk to run up your post count.

If neither of those options appeal to you then there is always gunbroker. Any means of bypassing the classified rules should not be attempted. The rules are there for a reason.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How do I contact a seller who only has pm but I do not have enough posts? Thanks.

Pay for site supporter status. This is a discussion forum first, classifieds second. You need at LEAST 50 QUALITY posts to PM someone. It is intentional, and by design.

If you REALLY need the item that bad, pony up the $20 for site supporter status. Bear in mind some users will not deal with someone with a low post count so dont be surprised if the seller wont deal with you. One of the reasons we buy/sell here is the forums let us get to know folks first and get a feel for them. Personally, I dont care how much of a deal you post, or how much $$ you offer for my item. If you walk in here and immediately try to buy/sell I dont trust you. (nothing personal, I just dont know you as we have never communicated)

Welcome, stick around and have fun. Hopefully you arent here just for the killer deal google found for you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And as the rooster said, if you try to post whore and run up your counts with silly one-liners we will semi-openly mock you while the mods delete the crap posts.

Top Bottom