Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    Cogito, ergo porto.
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.

Black Powder firearms discussion

It's come to the mods' attention that there may be enough demand to warrant the creation of a new subforum for muzzle loaders/black powder firearms. We don't want to create a new area for every specific type of gun out there because it would quickly devolve and make things harder to find rather than easier, however if there is enough demand for it, it's possible. So.... This is where we'll start, with a "sticky" thread. We'll give it a period of time and see how much activity there is and how much demand truly exists for such a forum.

Note that there is no poll. We're not asking to see if you think you'd use it. This is a discussion thread, so.... DISCUSS! What discussions will we be moving to this forum if/when you convince us by the numbers and content that the need is there?

I look forward to seeing what discussions will arise.

Ready? Annnnnnnd..... Go!

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

mid summer you see no blackpowder questions or issues. right now we are flooded with them. i dont think it warrents a subforum but its not a big deal if you folks decide it does

This is a great start! I got my start with black powder in the late seventies/early eighties going to primitive rendezvous with my uncle "Fire in the Face". I still have a quite a bit of my gear from back then, though much of it would be more suitable for my son. I have a CVA Mountain Rifle/pistol set in .45 caliber. I definitely prefer traditional muzzleloaders to the modern inlines. I don't shoot them nearly as much as I would like, but I am planning on joining Riley CC soon, so hopefully that will change. I am always looking for a source for real black powder if anyone knows one. Thanks, Brett

im not sure if my first post is what you are asking for. are you looking for threads to make stickies out of in the blackpowder forum?

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar
    Awesome idea. Ive got a CVA hawken and a Frontier Wolf. Love 'em both, but really want to try out an Accura. Also a pair of traditions confederate navy pistols in .36 and .44. Fun, but more curiosities than anything else.
    It is good to have friends when you need them, even if they are only in your head

Blackhorn 209

Indy area guys... I'm looking into switching to loose, specifically Black Horn 209. Now that season is over I can start over in working up a load. Where abouts have you seen it? The only local place I have seen is The Outdoorsman in Greenwood, and it's pricey there.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar
    Who's got a source for Goex? I need a couple of pounds of 2F.
    It is good to have friends when you need them, even if they are only in your head

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    Also, the Outdoorsman.

The Bullet Trap in Roanne carries black powder.

I like the idea of a little area for black powder discussions. It's a fairly technical subject like reloading and there is a lot of good knowledge on the subject that's just floating around in shooter's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    Powder Valley, Inc.

I love the outdoorsman but they are pricey... If I buy 2 20oz containers of BH209 and pay the 25 hazard fee for shipping, it is still cheaper than 2 20oz containers from the outdoorsman.... When I buy powder I either order alot for me, or get a couple of guys together and do a group order and split up the hazard shipping fee...

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast