Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    SSE
    Plinker

User Info Menu

It is not that a person could not wait 6 days, it is that it gives ATF another reason or excuse, if you follow.

User Info Menu

So if I want to buy 3 AKs in a 5 day priod and not be reported then I have to go to 3 different dealers? I'm sure that will stop a lot of crime!

Shooter

User Info Menu

David Codrea takes a look at their 60 day "emergency" long gun reporting scheme. They're out of bounds, again and need to be slapped down. Hard. I would say contact your representatives, but your Senators are a wash were gun rights are concerned. Try the House, maybe the ATF will listen. IN the meantime they're asking for public comment. Go and leave them one. Or two.

ATF "emergency" long gun reporting an agenda-driven power grab - National gun rights | Examiner.com

Shooter

User Info Menu

My, oh my. Look who's in favour of this new regulation. Guess it's all for the best, then.

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : Media

mms
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

so i have a question for ingo how would this new rule apply to stripped ar-15 recivers?

not yet a rifle or a pistol ???????

i forget what the box is checked on the 4473.... other or reciver... been a while since i bought one from an ffl
    "If you seek peace, Prepare for war"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    so i have a question for ingo how would this new rule apply to stripped ar-15 recivers?

not yet a rifle or a pistol ???????

i forget what the box is checked on the 4473.... other or reciver... been a while since i bought one from an ffl
    They don't count for handguns now...but I would bet they would fall under the "new" law as they will be one or the other eventually. More paperwork = Government.

Who knows? Hope this crap doesn't pass!

mms
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by combat45acp View Post
    They don't count for handguns now...but I would bet they would fall under the "new" law as they will be one or the other eventually. More paperwork = Government.

Who knows? Hope this crap doesn't pass!
    I hope it doesnt but i think its an interesting question they don't count as pistols now so what exactaly would make them count as rifles? they arent either yet ... I think they might slip though the cracks unless specifically writen in...at least thats how I would read it.
    "If you seek peace, Prepare for war"

User Info Menu

Doesn't the ATF already have record of all FFL transfer of all types of firearms, be they long gun or hand guns with the Form 4473?

Seems to me, they should just have one of their over paid gubbermint employees look through what they have instead of burdening the dealers with more useless paperwork. If they really need this information, that is.....
    IMO this is just one more line of BS that the Brady Bunch, and the other anti-gun groups can use to elicit funds to continue their lies.
    Tolerance is rarely practiced by those who demand it.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Well, if you're wanting to get your comments in on this matter you're going to be very limited on how to do it. They aren't having any online commenting. Only fax and email. If you want to voice a negative opinion on this then you need to fax or email them. Oh, yeah. You also have only 2 1/2 weeks to do it, unlike other agencies who usually have a month or two of public commentary.

Commenting on BATFE rifle registration Gunleaders.com

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sj kahr k40 View Post
    So if I want to buy 3 AKs in a 5 day priod and not be reported then I have to go to 3 different dealers? I'm sure that will stop a lot of crime!

If you go to 3 different dealers to buy those AK's I'd still be prepared for a knock on the door as those three dealers are all going to send in the forms to the ATF just as they do now. It's not a problem as long as you don't plan on making straw buys but still the ATF and the Fed have no business messing with law following people like this.

If we really wanted to save Mexico from itself we'd close the boarder.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast