• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

I just learned from a law enforcement professional on CNN that the Sig P220 is a "heavy duty" gun and that it's a "killers gun" used by "assassins", "criminals" and "drug dealers". I didn't know the po-po was in the practice of using "assassins" guns. Do LEO's wear ninja boots too?

Apparently, according to CNN, the military is turning away from the 9mm. I guess I missed the press release where the military dumped the M9's in favor of some yet to be identified .45 weapon. As far as I know, the 9mm has been falling out of favor with LEO's but not necessarily just because of the .45 but also the .40. I would say there are far more .40's in service right now than there are .45's.

I also learned from CNN that one round from a .45 will kill you but often times a 9mm won't kill you as fast.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I also laughed when this fat head said they needed to match the "swirls" on the bullet to get a forensics match.

LOL

I wonder how much CNN pays this "expert"? The guy is a complete moron.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I also laughed when this fat head said they needed to match the "swirls" on the bullet to get a forensics match.

LOL

I wonder how much CNN pays this "expert"? The guy is a complete moron.

It took me a while to figure out what the hell he was talking about when he said the "swirls" and now, after having 7 shots of bourbon, I think I understand. I think he means the "rifling" marks. CNN is so much more understandable after a few stiff drinks.:twocents:

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    I figured killers and assassins used the Glock 7. :rolleyes:
    I love how the guy on there also says that police departments were getting rid of "9mm's and Glocks we used 10 years ago". Glock makes a .45 too! Three actually....

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Unfortunately I am not sure you can get much better gun knowledge on any of the other media either. I don't know how many times I have shaken my head in wonder at the ignorance of the writers on favorite TV shows.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Unfortunately I am not sure you can get much better gun knowledge on any of the other media either. I don't know how many times I have shaken my head in wonder at the ignorance of the writers on favorite TV shows.

These days it has become obvious that the attitude in TV land is, "....writing for a fictional TV drama..writing for a 'news' show...What's the difference??" :dunno: :xmad: :noway:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I literally laughed out loud! An assassins gun?

He also said police departments are turning in their Glocks for the German made assassin gun.

Last time I checked you could get a Glock in the assassin's round.

I wonder what my 10mm glock would be called?

I guess

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

I just learned from a law enforcement professional on CNN that the Sig P220 is a "heavy duty" gun and that it's a "killers gun" used by "assassins", "criminals" and "drug dealers". I didn't know the po-po was in the practice of using "assassins" guns. Do LEO's wear ninja boots too?

Apparently, according to CNN, the military is turning away from the 9mm. I guess I missed the press release where the military dumped the M9's in favor of some yet to be identified .45 weapon. As far as I know, the 9mm has been falling out of favor with LEO's but not necessarily just because of the .45 but also the .40. I would say there are far more .40's in service right now than there are .45's.

I also learned from CNN that one round from a .45 will kill you but often times a 9mm won't kill you as fast.

omfg.....a 9mm can kill you just as fast, it just depends if you are being shot by those evil hollow bullets:rolleyes:

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I got to get me the "Cadillac of the .45 world" because I need a "killer" or "assasins" gun quick! I can't use a Glock or a puny 9mm because the .45 lets me make one stop shots so much easier. I don't even have to aim!!!!!

Such a waste of oxygen!

Top Bottom