• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So, how long before prices go up, based on what's happening in the voting booths today?

Or am I just a jaded sob?

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Actually the owner of Pop Guns said manufacturers retail prices may jump up by 5% today if he got elected. Going off of his word and what he told me and nothing else here.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Actually the owner of Pop Guns said manufacturers retail prices may jump up by 5% today if he got elected. Going off of his word and what he told me and nothing else here.

And whether or not this is true, I'm sure dealers will be 'saying' that it happened and marking their prices up

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Pardon me but haven't prices on guns and ammo been going through the roof for the past several years?!? Why should Obama's election change that?

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Metal prices have climbed through the roof also and that had to be directly reflected in gun prices. Now metal is dropping again so maybe they will just hold their pricing and make more profit due to reduced material costs.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yeah,Glock Inc jumped their mag prices 40% because of the metal prices and most of the mag is polymer.Go Figure!

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Hell this morning I made a thread in the Long Guns forum stating that S&W M&P's were on sale at Budsgunshop.com. In that same post, I gave a link to a Doublestar Flat top AR for $699. 5 Hours later, The price had already jumped to $849

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    metal prices are a bogus claim

:noway:
    Metal prices have climbed through the roof also and that had to be directly reflected in gun prices. Now metal is dropping again so maybe they will just hold their pricing and make more profit due to reduced material costs.

I was in the mold building and plastic molding business for years. The increased cost of tool steel is probably less than a dollar on a typical gun. Increased cost for metal is a bogus excuse to raise costs for more profit for the middle man. If higher metal costs increases a product how much metal is in a typical car? Car prices are not increasing 10%. These people are getting like the oil companies, using the fear tactic to gouge the public. Just my humble opinon. :noway:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Suppy and Demand. Our Country's business is based on this. But, I hope these prices also will pass. Our fuel price go up and down all time. So will the price of our Freedom. We will either pay it or not. It is always our choise. We always have a choise.

I look forward to the day we will be truely be free and the only things guns will be needed for is to put food on the table and punch holes in paper.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    It'll be interesting to see...I know a few vendors that were at the 1500 will be in Kokomo tomorrow...I wonder what their prices will show.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Not wanting to rebuke Michiana but I have been a foundryman for the past 25 years. Metal prices have never in any of your lives or mine, risen as high as they did this year. Scrap metal prices tripled. Steel punchings rose from $250/GT to $960/GT.

These prices are falling now but those record high prices severely affected the cos of forgings, castings and steel stampings. No business can absorb this kind of increase without passing it on to their customers.

Top Bottom