• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Holy sh**!!! Already prices are up and some sites are down (probably to mark up prices) So much for the holidays. But seriously the second Obama wins. This is kinda sickening. HOW HIGH WILL PRICES GO?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Supply and demand. Demand is going to rise and that will certainly raise prices. Gun shops/dealers are likely to have a period of high profits followed by..... who knows.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I believe that gun sales have been brisk all year long and not just possible ban products. Prices should remain level for the present time. If your gun shop jacks the prices way up on you, go to another one and check the prices. We do have the advantage of shopping online for a price before we enter a gun store.

The gun shops have got to make a profit but the do not have to profiteer of off Obama's election.

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I know that the prices havent changed at all at Budsgunshop.com . Im kinda happy that I have my AR and M1A, now all i want is a remington 870 express and a Savage 10FP in 308 with a McMillan stock. Im thinking that the prices on the bolt action rifles will stay around the same and that the semi-autos will go up a little

Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    I know that the prices havent changed at all at Budsgunshop.com . Im kinda happy that I have my AR and M1A, now all i want is a remington 870 express and a Savage 10FP in 308 with a McMillan stock. Im thinking that the prices on the bolt action rifles will stay around the same and that the semi-autos will go up a little

Just as an FYI: The Taurus 1911's at Bud's did go up about 10.00 per model but that's only a 1% jump
    :twocents:

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Holy crap! I went to bravocompanyusa to look at mags. I have 20 but was thinking about buying another 10 mags. They used to have a deals where you could buy 10 or 100 mags at a discount deal. Well they dont have it on their site anymore and they are showing all of their 30rd mags as SOLD OUT

Then I went to 44mag.com to look at buying 5 more M1A mags so Id have 10 of them. Well all of their 20rd mags are sold out and it seems that the price has ALREADY gone from 19.99 each to 22.99 each. And the only 30rd AR mags that they have are the NHMTG mags. I wanted to get a Beta CMag for my AR, but I dont see that happening any time soon.

Wow, I didnt foresee this happening

jongo1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    20 miles north of Ft.Wayne
    Supply and demand have less to do with it than the fact that retailers see an opportunity to stick it to us.Prices today compared to yesterday should show that.wolf ammo on C.T.D. almost triple from yesterday

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Wow, I didnt foresee this happening

Are you serious?

I'm sitting pretty good right now. Got more magazines than I'll ever use, but would like a few more PMag 20's
    Hoping to get another upper or 3 from Armalite's Christmas sale, but it may turn out to be not a sale at all...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I went to my local mom & pop type store a little bit ago and the shelves were dang near bare. Where they usually have dozens of boxes of my favorite .45 ammo, they had two oddball ones left. I bought them both at $30 bucks each.
    They had quite a few long guns on the wall...probably 3/4 of what they normally do...but as for handguns in the case; where they normally have over a hundred, there were probably less than 30. No Glocks, no Kimbers, no Colts, no Springfields, no S&W, no Berettas. They had mostly Taurus and a few Sigs...there were some Steyers (that I didn't know what they were- I just read the tag) and something that started with a "U" that I was unfamiliar with, too. (Ubberi? Upberki? Some weird name like that...and I don't know what it was either).
    I chit-chatted with the owner for a bit and he said business has been booming (pun intended). He told me that it's been hard to keep anything on the shelves whether it's guns or ammo or accessories. As soon as it comes in the door, it doesn't take it long to go right back out...that is if it's not already spoken for before they ever unpack it.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Then I went to 44mag.com to look at buying 5 more M1A mags so Id have 10 of them. Well all of their 20rd mags are sold out and it seems that the price has ALREADY gone from 19.99 each to 22.99 each. And the only 30rd AR mags that they have are the NHMTG mags. I wanted to get a Beta CMag for my AR, but I dont see that happening any time soon.
    I ordered from 44mag.com this morning, and they still had various 30 round mags in stock. I ordered some of the 30rnd, aluminum, black teflon CProducts that are at the bottom of the page.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I just placed an ammo order at Aimsurplus. The 7.62x39 won't be in for 7-10 days, as they are currently sold out, but they had everything else I want. I'm just waiting and having them ship it together.

A friend of mine has three ammo cans filled with AK-47 mags. He's been picking them up for $10 a piece whenever he finds them. I imagine that will be a good investment.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    There's usually an end-of-year/beginning of next year price increase anyway. So, that's a component.

Top Bottom