• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I was there before they opened with a nice line waiting to get inside. It seemed to be the typical Kokomo show. Saw a couple dealers with jacked up AR-15 prices. I hung out at ZX Guns for a bit and picked up two 15 DPMS lowers they brought. They were the right price...now the Double star lowers for $150 were jacked up in price. Also walked out with a DPMS AR wrench for a decent price.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I stopped by there today and met Kokomo Dave. Kind of a let down in terms of prices, but I learned that I wasn't impressed with the HK P2000sk or the HK45c - too small. I keep saying I want a 1911 style .45 - I guess it's time to start shopping...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Rookie-glad to meet you and the family.Kind of a small world,huh?:D

I heard grumblings from other customers about the high prices.I had my stuff at normal.I even had Glock mags I bought before the last price increase from Glock Inc still at the old prices.I sold every G21 & G22 mag in the first 2 hours and let me tell ya...I had a bunch!

I couldn't believe the crowd in there! Hokey-smokes!! Gotta go back tomorrow and do it all over again!!!

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I was there hoping to get an AR-15 upper or some 30rd AR-15 mags for a decent price. Found some mags at $15 but most were running $20. Only saw 4 AR-15 uppers.
    Guess I will have to wait until the next Indy 1500.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I had to suck up oak leaves all morning and afternoon, so I didn't get to go today.

I will make a Sunday morning drive up US 31, however!

You guys think there is much interest in a never been fired Chinese SKS in the market? Got the bayonet, sling, etc. Not sure I want to part with it quite yet, but I've been thinking about it.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Turns out KokomoDave is a guy I met many years ago at the gym! :yesway: I've seen him at the 1500 and the Kokomo shows over the years and he's always been quick with a smile and a hello. I just wish he stocked the stuff I buy!

I couldn't believe the crowds this morning! I didn't think the prices were to bad, considering the uproar from Obama winning...AR and AK mags jumped up a few bucks...ammo...well, we all know about ammo prices.

Still, I ended up buying a couple hundred rounds of .45, 5.56, and 9mm, a couple of polymer AR and AK mags, and a Taurus 24/7 Pro in .45 from ZX Guns (sure, the wait times at ZX suck :D, but the prices on the guns I've bought from them are excellent and I didn't notice a price increase on any of the stuff I had been scoping from the 1500.) I buy a couple hundred rounds everytime I'm at a show...whatever I can afford. It sucks watching ammo prices climb, but what's a guy to do? I'll probably eventually get into reloading or finding a friend who reloads and chip in with him on the costs to make the ammo I use. I also bought a bunch of chocolate goodies and those knock off ShamWow shammies. :):

So yeah...it's not the 1500, but it's a nice way to burn several hours as well as lighten my wallet.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I really like dealing with ZX Guns. They have fair prices and a nice selection. It looks like they are into Class 3 now because I saw one of there guys talking about ordering and showing off three diffrent suppressors.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I've been to this show a couple times before and decided to get a table this time.I'm glad I did, sold several guns and some ammo.I had to dig out stuff I've been hauling around for awhile that I quit putting out and sold a good share of that also.My wife heard 1900 came thru the door yesterday, that sounds like a pretty good turnout to me.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Got to Kokomo about 9:30 a.m. this morning. Nice show, even got to meet KokomoDave!

Unfortunately someone bought that Tisas Zigana C45 I was drooling over in Lafayette. Maybe next time...

Take aways from this trip were minimal: a nylon bore brush and $1.84/gallon gas at the BP just south of the convention center.

Looking forward to Indy at the end of the month!

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I met up with my Dad at the show Sunday. I thought prices were high, but I don't usually go to the Kokomo shows. I ended up buying a new px4 subcompact that I've been looking at for awhile now from ZX Guns. Price was steep, but it's a dealer's market for new stuff right now so I just sucked it up (they wouldn't budge). Now I just need to get some trigger time. :ar15:

Take care all,
    ~Poe

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I live in Goshen Home of ZX, I swear there at shows almost any weekend somewhere in the State.

Yah, I was certain I saw them at the 1500 the times I was there. They seem to do a lot of business. Their table was packed when I purchased, and I couldn't believe I was third in line for the NCIS when I purchased.

~Poe

Top Bottom