• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kriggo15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Southern IN
    As I get more into guns and hunting I was wondering if anyone has any magazine subscriptions they suggest. I already get field and stream but want to see if there are any other good ones.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Wildfowl, Ducks Unlimited, Cabelas, Indiana game and fish, Sportsmans guide, Guns and Ammo, are the ones I get.

plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    I'll second Indiana Game and Fish good magazine it's not loaded with adds and high priced gadgets plus lots of local info in it. If you like trapping FUR FISH GAME is another good one

Driver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Guns and Ammo is having a sale right now for 2 years for $15 then add a year of Handguns for $7.50. You have to go to the Guns and Ammo website. I just singed up for it. Its the cheaper on there site then anywhere else that I have seen.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I get Guns and Ammo and American Handgunner...used to get Shooting Times, but they went downhill. Need to start my subscription to Guns also.

You can get free digital copies of Guns and American Handgunner on their sites. You can even download PDF versions to keep. They have back issues going for a couple of years back, and you get the latest edition as well, all free. You can sign up for email notification when the new issue is available.

Digital Editions | American Handgunner

Digital Editions | Guns Magazine

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    +1 for Fur Fish and Game...-1 for American Hunt club, a lot of advertizement and they bombarded you with junk mail. I usually judge a mag by the amount of ads, also if most of the hunting articles are about deepest, darkest Upukeastan, or the only guns worth haveing are chambered .680 Loudenzeeboom but are a little light for deer, I steer clear. I'm a lifer NRA member and get the Rifleman every month, a little political, but if you're interested in firearms you need to join. There's at least one meat and taters article, on a wide variety on gun subjects in each issue. Shooting Times is down the list some but I pick a copy up every once in awhile. The reason I don't subscribe is that I prefer to pick and choose the article I read. I get a little weary reading how some new cartridge puts an old standard to shame, while the ballistics are nearly the same.....:@ya:.....Duce<><

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    join the NRA and they have great mags. American Rifleman, American Hunter, Shooting Illustrated, just to name some. American handgunner is one of my favorties

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    You can get free digital copies of Guns and American Handgunner on their sites. You can even download PDF versions to keep. They have back issues going for a couple of years back, and you get the latest edition as well, all free. You can sign up for email notification when the new issue is available.

Digital Editions | American Handgunner

Digital Editions | Guns Magazine

I already knew that but thanks! I just prefer having a paper copy in my hands. Kinda hard to read a laptop on the john......lol. Also use them for reference and loan copies out to friends.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    indiana game and fish but I also like deer and deer hunting

both are great reads deer and deer hunting gives some great info on my animal of choice

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    As I get more into guns and hunting I was wondering if anyone has any magazine subscriptions they suggest. I already get field and stream but want to see if there are any other good ones.

American Rifleman, you get it from the NRA.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    +1 for Fur Fish and Game...-1 for American Hunt club, a lot of advertizement and they bombarded you with junk mail. I usually judge a mag by the amount of ads, also if most of the hunting articles are about deepest, darkest Upukeastan, or the only guns worth haveing are chambered .680 Loudenzeeboom but are a little light for deer, I steer clear. I'm a lifer NRA member and get the Rifleman every month, a little political, but if you're interested in firearms you need to join. There's at least one meat and taters article, on a wide variety on gun subjects in each issue. Shooting Times is down the list some but I pick a copy up every once in awhile. The reason I don't subscribe is that I prefer to pick and choose the article I read. I get a little weary reading how some new cartridge puts an old standard to shame, while the ballistics are nearly the same.....:@ya:.....Duce<><

One little habit I've picked up from my wife, when we get a magazine from the mail the first thing I do is sit down and rip out every page that is coated 100% with advertisement on both sides.

When I'm sitting there looking at a magazine with 5-6 dollar retail price on it and more of it is in the trash than on the table and half of what I have left is still "trash" mixed in with magazine I start re-evaluating what that is worth. If you start sortng through the propaganda among the half left that mascarades as an article pretty soon most of them start revealing themselves for the sucker bet they really are.

I still get magazines from the NRA, NMLRA, Outdoor Life, Reloader magazine. That's it and OL is in jepardy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom