I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cka314

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wanted to reply to a thread but I can't because I don't have more than 50 posts?!! What is up with that? I'm on multiple forums and this is the first time that has happened.

Can this be changed?

thanks!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I wanted to reply to a thread but I can't because I don't have more than 50 posts?!! What is up with that? I'm on multiple forums and this is the first time that has happened.

Can this be changed?

thanks!

You can reply to a thread, you just can't post in the classifieds. And no, it won't be changed, it's how the site owner wants it.

Complain about it and get little sympathy, or stick around and participate in a meaningful fashion and consider the classifieds as simply a bonus for being a productive member.

Or pay to become a site supporter and get access to more features earlier.

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    I am still working on my 50 posts. Actually kind of glad that it's set up this way. If not I would not have started reading all of the posts I have and would not have found out how much info is on this site. It's been great reading some of the other members stories, tips, and legal info. Stick around and keep reading. Promise you won't be sorry....I know I'm not.:ar15:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I am still working on my 50 posts. Actually kind of glad that it's set up this way. If not I would not have started reading all of the posts I have and would not have found out how much info is on this site. It's been great reading some of the other members stories, tips, and legal info. Stick around and keep reading. Promise you won't be sorry....I know I'm not.:ar15:

DING DING DING! Winner, winner, chicken dinner! It's amazing how well the 50-post policy works. Many members have said this exact thing.

If you want more information about the policy, you should read the INGO FAQ. :ingo:

wind50cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Kentucky
    frustrated

I'm relatively new here. I want to be a productive part of the site. However, I got a PM from another member...I cant reply because I only have twelve posts-need 15! So I think well, brass is almost impossible to get right now, I'll postmine for sale..NOT! Need 50 posts(I think). Man! Why make it so difficult for people to correspond?
    OK, rant is over.:twocents:

Last edited by a moderator:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Very clever of the mods. Requiring 50 posts but not letting the OP post replies until he has 50 posts :D Very clever indeed. Perhaps you should add no starting threads either.

Just kidding, I know you can post replies.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Can this be changed?

thanks!

If you do not like it, take your sorry attitude to one of those other fora. We have had this discussion repeatedly.:horse:Our Mods have decided to keep it this way for good reasons. :rules: Take a hike! We do not need or welcome trouble making, arrogant sycophants.

:ingo::rockwoot:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Classifieds?

We have classifieds?

I have been a member for just over a year now and have yet to use the classifieds. I cruise through them now and then just to see what is out there and what the current prices are. To be sure if I was looking for anything firearm related I would start here first, but that is not why I joined this excellent forum. :)

decal1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Jamestown, Indiana
    First off let me say that as you can see I'm fairly new to INGO, and my post count is almost nonexistant so far. I really don't mind the 50 post rule. In my small amount of experience INGO is an extremely friendly place and I can't think of another place that I could get as much quality information. I'm just happy to be a part of this community. I believe the rules that are in place go a long way to keeping it that way.

Although I have become a site supporter, The small amount of $$ is worth every penny. The information is fabulous and the potential for meeting new people and making new friends is great.

So as usual for me I am now rambling about something totally unrelated to the original topic. Please forgive me.

Thanks for the great site

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    If you do not like it, take your sorry attitude to one of those other fora. We have had this discussion repeatedly.:horse:Our Mods have decided to keep it this way for good reasons. :rules: Take a hike! We do not need or welcome trouble making, arrogant sycophants.

:ingo::rockwoot:

Yea, we don't need any crazy elephants here especially arrogant ones.

(ps) I know it's a real word but it's FRIDAY!!!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I'm not the site owner (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night). But if I remember seeing the explanation, it went something like this: INGO is first and foremost a community of contributors; the classified section is a great and worthwhile bonus. Stick around, contribute, and then you can take advantage of that part.

If you need to sell something quickly without contributing via quality posts, you can become a site supporter. If not, then there are quite a few other places to buy and sell. Or you can start your own forum, as well. I've heard from several new members that starting and maintaining a forum with 15k members is really easy.

Given the focus on building a fostering a community of gun owners, the classified rules make sense to me.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I joined for info, realized there was a classified section, coughed up that ridiculously high site supporter money so I could buy some goodies. Still here learnin and educatin folks.

INGO:rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom