• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I know most folks here know something about Ruby Ridge, ID and have a variety of opinions about the events which occurred there in 1992. Now and then something happens to bring those events back to light. Here's the latest:

H-S Precision is a maker of excellent rifle stocks. H-S stocks are not only sold as replacements but are also used by Savage and Remington on production rifles. H-S now has advertisements with an endorsement by one Lon Horiuchi, former FBI agent. For those who don't know, Horiuchi is the former FBI "sniper" who shot and killed Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, allegedly while she was holding her 10 month old child. I have only anecdotal info on this. Opinions vary as to whether this shooting was justified or a blatant murder. Horiuchi was not prosecuted.

I have emailed H-S Precision to suggest, in no uncertain terms, they've made an error in picking a spokesperson who is reviled by a significant percentage of their intended customers. If you share these feelings, feel free to contact H-S Precision, Savage, and Remington to express your opinion.

DRob

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I can only surmise that H-S has decided they want to send a message to the shooting public. That message can only be, if you want to murder innocent women they have the product to help do the job. The term advertising blunder comes to mind. What could they have been thinking?

As a side note, Horiuchi is the same individual who has been accused by some of firing the first shots at Waco, is he not?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As a side note, Horiuchi is the same individual who has been accused by some of firing the first shots at Waco, is he not?

Yeah he sure is. Can you imagine being suspect in TWO major events over the past 20 years?

Here is the ad I found:
    hs_precision.jpg

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Can you imagine being suspect in TWO major events over the past 20 years?

This is only two that somehow the public have discovered. People like this are a constant risk to the general population and most never actually know exactly how much crap they have been involved in. I'm willing to bet these two incidents are only a drop in the bucket with this guy.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I know most folks here know something about Ruby Ridge, ID and have a variety of opinions about the events which occurred there in 1992. Now and then something happens to bring those events back to light. Here's the latest:

H-S Precision is a maker of excellent rifle stocks. H-S stocks are not only sold as replacements but are also used by Savage and Remington on production rifles. H-S now has advertisements with an endorsement by one Lon Horiuchi, former FBI agent. For those who don't know, Horiuchi is the former FBI "sniper" who shot and killed Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, allegedly while she was holding her 10 month old child. I have only anecdotal info on this. Opinions vary as to whether this shooting was justified or a blatant murder. Horiuchi was not prosecuted.

I have emailed H-S Precision to suggest, in no uncertain terms, they've made an error in picking a spokesperson who is reviled by a significant percentage of their intended customers. If you share these feelings, feel free to contact H-S Precision, Savage, and Remington to express your opinion.

DRob

Thanks DRob for the info but I did not see an e-mail address listed to contact them only a TX. As a 30 year LEO I feel that Lon Horiuchi is Not the spokesperson that I would want representing me.

[SIZE=+1]Weaver jurors: Horuichi was a robotic killer.[/SIZE]
    Three former jurors celebrate, commiserate Pleased FBI agent charged, but sorry for Kevin HarrisCraig Welch/The Spokesman-Review
    They were unanimous once again.

Three of the jurors who acquitted Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris of murder charges in 1993 were elated Thursday that an FBI agent was charged in Vicki Weaver's death.
    ``Oh good, good,'' said former juror Dorothy Mitchell, 49. ``I'm absolutely thrilled.''
    ``I'm all for it,'' said another member of the panel, Jack Weaver, 47, who is not related to Randy Weaver. ``People have lost a lot of confidence in their government because of this.''
    But the three jurors -- who had been sequestered for two months of testimony and a month of deliberations -- were incensed by the charge against Harris, 29.
    [The charges have since been dropped because of double jeopardy.]
    ``Doggone it, it was self-defense,'' said former juror Jerry Anderton, 74. ``They shouldn't make that kid go through that again.''
    ``That's no good,'' Mitchell said. ``I liked Kevin. I felt sorry for Kevin. He was a good kid in a bad situation.''
    The jurors agreed another trial might answer lingering questions. Each recalled feeling the government had left missing pieces.
    ``How much evidence was destroyed?'' Jack Weaver said. ``I want to know.''
    The new charges dragged some of the jurors back to an uncomfortable period, forcing them to relive old emotions.
    ``Everything that's happened -- Oklahoma City, the freemen -- I cry every time,''Mitchell said. ``I always wonder if those people took something from our verdict. I'll have this with me forever.''
    Thursday, some jurors remembered the case in exquisite detail, recalling the caliber of weapons used at the standoff and gruesome autopsy results.
    The new charges also reignited old arguments.
    Jurors disagreed on whether Harris shot and killed U.S. Marshal William Degan. They agreed that if he did, it was self-defense.
    ``We went into that jury room with tape measures, did triangulations,'' said Mitchell, a junior high school teacher from Hazelton, Idaho. ``We didn't know who shot who. We only agreed Kevin wasn't responsible.''
    Jack Weaver, a Boise pressman, was equally confident.
    Jack Weaver, a Boise pressman, was equally confident.
    ``There was no question that he shot him,'' he said. ``The biggest issue was who shot first.''
    Anderton recounted evidence that Degan must have fired first: the rounds fired from his gun, the distance he had traveled while shooting, the severity of his wound.
    ``You don't get up when you're hit as hard as Degan and fire a dozen rounds and keep running,'' the Boise man said.
    When it came to FBI sniper Lon Horiuchi, however, each juror recalled feeling chills.
    ``He was a robot,'' Mitchell said.
    Anderton and Jack Weaver hoped more charges would be filed. Anderton even wanted charges against the U.S. marshal who shot Sammy Weaver's dog, Striker.
    ``He's the one who started the whole firefight,'' Anderton said.
    None of the jurors held out much hope that Boundary County would be able to convict Horiuchi, who will be defended by federal government lawyers.
    ``It's rather like a gnat having a disagreement with an elephant,'' Anderton said. ``They can't beat them.''

Last edited:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    This is all over the gun boards and several people who have claimed to have contacted HS Precision said that the company has no idea who Lon Horiuchi is. I am willing to bet if they survive this they will check out their product endorsers a little more carefully. Really great marketing idea guys. I wonder if they can tell us where he currently is hiding.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Very, very poor judgment.

This has spread far and wide and I expect that their sales will be heavily impacted by the loss of respect from the firearms community.

gunbunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2008
    Boilermaker Country
    No, no, that's the version with the typos. Here's the corrected version. :patriot:

http://www.geocities.com/thumpbinkyhop/hs_precision.jpg

Lon Horiuchi was one of several snipers competing in an "off the shelf", very expensive mission to replace all of the family members in the Weaver cabin. As the managing editor for this shooting accessories catalog, I was responsible for the testing, evaluation, selection and all other tasks related to a sponsor's selection. After months of testing and evaluation, the sponsor that came out on top was Lon Horiuchi.

Lon Horiuchi competed against some of the most famous Big Name individuals on the FBI payroll as well as those from the police and US Marshals. While working closely with each of these agencies, a subjective evaluation was made as to how each of them would support their actions after being completed. This evaluation was based on how well they complied with the specification of the mission itself as well as all the other specifications in the Request for Proposal. It was also based on how well each manufacturer supported their product during the testing, evaluation, and specifically with how well theycomplied with requests made by the FBI. Lon Horiuchi came out on top, by far.

I was hopeful that this subjective evaluation would also be carried on after being awarded the contract. With Lon Horiuchi, it was above and beyond what was requested. Just an example, after being awarded the contract to remove Randy Weaver and to suppress resistance from other members of the cabin, Lon Horiuchi provided fatal gunfire to women and children throughout the duration. This worked out extremely well as it forestalled any future potential problems with the mission or anyof its components. The service provided during the Ruby Ridge encounter and which continued throughout Lon's tenure was perhaps the "Best in the Business". The American taxpayer has gotten their money's worth with Lon Horiuchi.

As for the man himself? There is no other "off the shelf" sniper that is better than the Lon Horiuchi. Pound for pound, component for component, constitutional infringement for constitutional infringement, you will not find a better sniper. You will not find better service. You will not find better people to work with, from whoever's on top, to the guy behind the Lon Horiuchi... to the guy who "really" shoots your family members before they leave the cabin.

hs_precision.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I sent e-mail to H-S Precision last night asking if Horiuchi is in fact their employee or under contract to them. I didn't make any threats or promises or express an opinion. I just asked if he worked for them.

I'm waiting for their response.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I wonder if John Wayne Gacy ever endorsed a particular clown outfit company... or Jeffrey Dahmer a brand of meat tenderizer...

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wonder if John Wayne Gacy ever endorsed a particular clown outfit company... or Jeffrey Dahmer a brand of meat tenderizer...

Don't forget the son of sam and his Charter Bulldog .44spl. I don't see Charter falling over themselves to advertise that fact.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Wow, it already smells like Zumbo II.

I'm not judging yet, but this will get interesting very quickly I'm sure.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I hope this is mistaken identity. I doubt it is but I hope so.

Let me drift this thread a bit...

I fear Waco and Ruby Ridge type of incident in the new administration more than anything else. The Clinton Administration did not have the Patriot Act. Obama does. Thanks GW.

Thread drift over

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    One wonders if the days of Constitution loving civil libertarians are gone forever from politics. That used to be one area where the far left and far right met and outvoted the middle of both parties.

Top Bottom