• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Ill say it again, this will revolutionize naval warfare as we know it. Im just impressed that they have these suckers mobile enough to put on a semi already!

Once again the US will field radically new technology and gain a vital edge in warfare. Lets get this concept shooting some larger rounds and we will have a new killing machine!

Now would be a great time to join the Navy! Lots of cool new toys coming out.

Railgun Update from General Atomics | Military.com

Edit: not sure where to put this, but I can logically see the progression of this technology into rifles so.......

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    That's insane. Sorta makes the concept of armor plating obsolete, don't it?

The hell with armor plate being obsolete. that thing renders hideing behind several buildings and a row of tanks obsolete!!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

Some thing tells me they may have a bit of an over penatration issue at close range. I also wonder whos gonna go for the first ever tank quigly!

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    The hell with armor plate being obsolete. that thing renders hiding behind several buildings and a row of tanks obsolete!!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

Some thing tells me they may have a bit of an over penetration issue at close range. I also wonder whos gonna go for the first ever tank quigly!

Ideal for putting big holes in the side of big ships!

In other news China is trying to develop its navel fleet........ possible connection to the development of a super navel gun that can fire shells over 220 miles away at incredible speeds. :dunno:

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Ill say it again, this will revolutionize naval warfare as we know it. Im just impressed that they have these suckers mobile enough to put on a semi already!

Once again the US will field radically new technology and gain a vital edge in warfare. Lets get this concept shooting some larger rounds and we will have a new killing machine!

Now would be a great time to join the Navy! Lots of cool new toys coming out.

Railgun Update from General Atomics | Military.com

Edit: not sure where to put this, but I can logically see the progression of this technology into rifles so.......

Wow. That is impressive... They've been toying with the idea in sci-fi movies forever, I didn't know we had gotten that far in real-world application yet...

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bullets by Boeing. Sounds like a band name. Pretty sure I would have to take out a second mortgage to by a 20 rnd box of ammo for that thing.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Bullets by Boeing. Sounds like a band name. Pretty sure I would have to take out a second mortgage to by a 20 rnd box of ammo for that thing.

The appeal is that it will be substantially cheaper than letting loose a bunch of cruise missles that cost 1-1.5mil a pop. Could have been useful in Lybia. Where we fired something like 128 of the things. :ar15:

But ya, Boeing is expanding their market a bit, next we will see the Boeing AR-15!

Top Bottom