Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Creek Pistol Range - update

Marksman

User Info Menu

Eagle Creek Pistol Range - update

I couldn't find contact info for the parks dept, so I emailed the mayors office yesterday and asked about the status of the Eagle Creek Pistol Range and possible refunds. Here was the response this morning:

"thanks for your interest in the ECP pistol range. We are in a transition currently and are eager to have it open to the public again as soon as possible. That will most likely be in the next couple of weeks. If you would prefer a refund, just let me know. We appreciate you being a member and as the voicemail message there indicates, you can call me anytime. That voicemail will be updated with a specific timeline once one is confirmed."

Even if "the next couple of weeks" winds up being longer than that, it does sound like they are intending to reopen the facility this year. Just thought it would be helpful for those of you with unused 10-visit passes or memberships.

If you are interested in getting a refund or need more info, PM me and I'll send you the contact information for the person who responded. It sounds like she was the one who directly facilitated the refunds.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs View Post
    If you are interested in getting a refund or need more info, PM me and I'll send you the contact information for the person who responded. It sounds like she was the one who directly facilitated the refunds.
    Can u PM them the links (I'll start digging them up) so that they see you are not the only one waiting. Listening to IMPD makes me wanna go over there, but no can do. I must wait til the weekend. I have been by there every weekend for 6 weeks, Saturday and Sunday looking for some sort of posting but to no avail. I have no refund do, I would like to use the facility, though. Especially since it's so close.

User Info Menu

After what had happened there, I'd prefer to get a refund for my pre-paid card, I don't think I'll be visiting there any longer.
    while ( misconfig eq "l33t" ) { $rep++; }

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by misconfig View Post
    After what had happened there, I'd prefer to get a refund for my pre-paid card, I don't think I'll be visiting there any longer.
    Please indulge us. I'm not aware of "what happened there".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 85t5mcss View Post
    Please indulge us. I'm not aware of "what happened there".
    I don't think that's my place - sorry if I'm leaving people hanging around here. There are many other board members I'd like to respect by keeping my mouth shut.
    while ( misconfig eq "l33t" ) { $rep++; }

User Info Menu

GoDawgs,

Thank you for your proclivity in this matter! I have tried emailing the parks folks (my management) about this situation, how much it's costing them to keep it closed, etc... I wanted to put something more durable in regards to a complaint in, but then again, I want to keep my job there.

If enough folks email them, this will work. Not just for refunds (that actually has an effect, believe me, they will lose TONS of cash on those deals), but the outrage concerning this. Their bureacratic slogging is costing them THOUSANDS of dollars of income and I really don't think they understand what the situation is. We, gun owners, aren't just a bunch of birdwatchers or kayakers, we have passion for our sport and will take it up with levels above the red tape to get it across.

Honestly, I get tired of emails, PMs and folks at gunstores asking me when the range will be open. They have tapered back, but still, it's a pain for someone to essentially be "working" promoting the range, but not being paid for it plus the feeling of being abandoned by the powers at the park. The other ROs will post when the range will reopen. Check the phone number, but the website we had is down. But if anything, keep up those emails. If anyone knows anyone else in the parks department, hit them up. Anyone know the mayor? Hit him with an email. Let these folks know your disgust with this.

Misconfig: What, I'm not fun enough for you out there?
    It's over for now... it seems... until yesterday begins again...tomorrow...

User Info Menu

I have not really released this info yet, but when I made the decision to move the Hush Indiana shoot from ECR to MCF&G it was told to me that the city was going to start limiting the use of the range to the public but that they would talk about my shoot and get back with me.

At that point (seeing the sunset) I immediatly started the process of changing locations to MCF&G.

To this day (Almost three weeks) ECR has yet to return my call and I have yet to tell them I am no longer interested, nor will ever be interested in renting ECR.

Shooter

User Info Menu

What I want to know is WHY?
    Why is it closed to the public, but he cops can still use it?
    This really burns my arse.
    Is it not on park property?
    Is the park not open to the public?
    Is it not supported by our tax dollars?
    Why did all this happen?
    The taxpayers of this city deserve some answers.

I sent the Mayor's office a little nasty-gram.
    Last edited by Walter Zoomie; 04-29-2011 at 21:37.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by misconfig View Post
    I want to know. You can help me decide to get a refund, or give them another chance. You aren't just talking about them closing, right?
    I'm surrounded by a lot of women in this department. And that includes the men.
    ~ Ron Swanson

Sarcasm will not be colored purple. Just like in real life, you will have to figure it out on your own.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast