• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What are some of the best ranges withing 2 hours of Central Indy to shoot at distances greater than 300 yards?

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. I did a search and couldn't find a thread. I know at one point there was one out there.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Probably right at the 2 hour mark, but Miami Rifle and Pistol Club goes out to 600 yards.

www.miamirifle-pistol.org It is a great club with a lot of history. I drive 4 hours to shoot there.

OOPS, edit to add...I just reread your header. I don't know of any 300+ yard ranges in Indiana. The only possibility is Camp Atterbury, but it is for matches only. CIHPRS is conducting a 1000 yard match this Sunday on KD3.

Last edited:

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What are some of the best ranges withing 2 hours of Central Indy to shoot at distances greater than 300 yards?

Young's Longshot Range is about 40 miles north of Fort Wayne, but well worth the drive. This is a private range, but they have steel from 10 yards out to 1,000 yards, with smaller plates at the 50 yard distances as well (450 yards, 550 yards, 750 yards etc.). The have an idoor area that is heated and has drop down windows so you can shoot all year long. Outdoor ranges, a prone platform and about 15 pistol stalls. They provide everything except your ammo. They have a John Deere gator to run out and paint targets or hang paper. Microwave oven, coffee pot, gas grille, a fridge full of home made cookies and snacks. This is my home away from home. Here's a link:
    Youngs Long Shot Range

Here's a photo from last year. Since this was taken, they have added more stands and plates.
    youngs.jpg

I'm a member a Hillside as well, but if you want to shoot out to 1,000, this is the place to shoot. The folks from Trijicon and Berger Bullets do their testing here. Shooters from Evansville, Indy, Chicago and Detroit are members and show up about every weekend.

If you can't tell, I like the place.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Young's Longshot Range is about 40 miles north of Fort Wayne, but well worth the drive.

Awesome. What does a membership cost?

nm, I called:

Individual: $300/first yr, $200/yr renewal
    Family: +$100 over individual prices
    Guest w/ member: $35/day

Definitely pricey, but seems like a very nice place.

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Redbrush near Evansville goes out to 500.

My apologies to Redbrush. I really need to get down there for a match. Maybe then it will get fixed in my mind.

Young's and Hillside don't have working target pits and highpower matches, so they are of no interest for me and don't come to mind.

I should have mentioned them though, since they meet the OP's criteria.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Definitely pricey, but seems like a very nice place.

Yep, but if you make as many trips as I do it's a bargain. If you ever want to go as a guest, I'm a member and we're not that far away. I work from home and I can go any day or time.

PM me if you are interested in going up some time.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Bass and Bucks gun shop and range in Wabash IN. They have a 1000 yard range and I think it is 10$ per hour range time. Phone 260-569-1853 it's about an hour and a half north of Indy.

lnholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    West Lafayette/Wabash
    Bass and Bucks gun shop and range in Wabash IN. They have a 1000 yard range and I think it is 10$ per hour range time. Phone 260-569-1853 it's about an hour and a half north of Indy.
    +1 for Bass and Bucks. Really nice archery shop and gun shop as well there. Range goes out to 750 yards though, not 1000. Its 10 dollars for an hour, or 15 dollars all day.

Bass And Bucks

Top Bottom