Am I The Only Person Who Didn't Get Guns from the ATF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im not 100% aware of that story.
    Is it about the ATF providing guns to mexicans gun dealers or something like that?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Im not 100% aware of that story.
    Is it about the ATF providing guns to mexicans gun dealers or something like that?

Basically, the ATF intentionally allowed illegal straw purchases to take place so that they could follow where the guns went and make a bigger arrest in the end. Sadly, some of the guns that they "let walk" ended up being used to kill federal agents.

I don't have the links right now, but I read that at least one gun shop along the Mexican border reported that there were sales THEY wanted to refuse to make because they were suspicious, but the ATF instructed them to make the sale anyway.

ATF agents tried to speak up against the policy to supervisors but were threatened with being transferred out, called names for not doing their jobs, and so on. Eventually, they went public.

Now Congress is trying to investigate the whole thing, now being called Project Gunrunner or Operation Fast & Furious, and the Justice Department is blocking the ATF from providing the documents subpoenaed by Congress.

In the past week, we learned that this was not only happening along Mexican border states, but also in Florida with guns going to Honduras to eventually come up through Mexico.

Here are a few links for ya…

Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS News

Breaking News: Source claims ATF's Tampa SAC walked guns to Honduras - National gun rights | Examiner.com

Justice Department Obstructing 'Fast and Furious' Gun Probe, ATF Director Says - FoxNews.com

Project Gunrunner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...older_announces_gunwalker_2_april_2009_a.html

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Basically, the ATF intentionally allowed illegal straw purchases to take place so that they could follow where the guns went and make a bigger arrest in the end. Sadly, some of the guns that they "let walk" ended up being used to kill federal agents.

I don't have the links right now, but I read that at least one gun shop along the Mexican border reported that there were sales THEY wanted to refuse to make because they were suspicious, but the ATF instructed them to make the sale anyway.

ATF agents tried to speak up against the policy to supervisors but were threatened with being transferred out, called names for not doing their jobs, and so on. Eventually, they went public.

Now Congress is trying to investigate the whole thing, now being called Project Gunrunner or Operation Fast & Furious, and the Justice Department is blocking the ATF from providing the documents subpoenaed by Congress.

In the past week, we learned that this was not only happening along Mexican border states, but also in Florida with guns going to Honduras to eventually come up through Mexico.

Here are a few links for ya…

Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS News

Breaking News: Source claims ATF's Tampa SAC walked guns to Honduras - National gun rights | Examiner.com

Justice Department Obstructing 'Fast and Furious' Gun Probe, ATF Director Says - FoxNews.com

Project Gunrunner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...older_announces_gunwalker_2_april_2009_a.html

Thanks for the info. :yesway:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville

This is the ATF's version of it.

Turns out they know who the big buyers are already. So their reason is bunk. Not to mention they can't make any arrests anyway. Not to mention too, that the ATF is complicit in smuggling guns into a sovereign nation.

Smart money is that the Obama administration wants to track these weapons as being bought here and used in crime. I'm sure they have a noble motive for that...

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    This is the ATF's version of it.

Turns out they know who the big buyers are already. So their reason is bunk. Not to mention they can't make any arrests anyway. Not to mention too, that the ATF is complicit in smuggling guns into a sovereign nation.

Smart money is that the Obama administration wants to track these weapons as being bought here and used in crime. I'm sure they have a noble motive for that...

This.

They didn't even bother following the guns past the border. So the "tracing them back" excuse is a huge load of excrement.

They did it to create a political chip for Barry and Holder to use to push gun control.

» Obama Sold, Tracked, Same Guns To Cartels He Hoped To Ban Because They Were Tracked From Cartels - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nope, never got a firearm from ATF either. Too bad no one is willing to put them out of business like they would if an honest dealer without their permission did the same thing.

What really rags me is hearing the media call the rifles "machineguns" when in fact I seriously doubt any dealer would illegally sell a real deal full auto even with the permission of the great unconstitutional bureau.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I've also read that the atf had placed some sort of tracking devices in the stocks or somewhere on the gun, but after a few hours the battery would die and no more tracker... Not sure if its true or not but this whole situation is rediculous

Top Bottom