Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

Whirling Fan Blades of Death

From a "certified instructor"

“Hollowpoints is a ferocious man stopper because they’s designed with sharp petals. As the bullet flies through the air, the petals come out like whirling fan blades of death over an inch wide. It flies through the air like that and tears up everything in it’s path. Ain’t no man livin’ through that.”

Whirling Fan Blades of Death - My Gun Culture

Much more at the site... browse around.

[Disclaimer... I have nothing at all to do with the site except enjoy it.]

User Info Menu

Yep, mine must be defective. I have fired plenty of HP ammo and have never seen the "Whirling Blades of Death". Too funny.

Hop

User Info Menu

They work like little helicopters. If the little blades aren't adjusted correctly they will circle back and do a lot of damage to the shooter.

User Info Menu

I shoot Nerf bullets because I just want to inconvenience my murderous assailant.

Meh.

User Info Menu

If my memory servers (heroic assumption!), it was the San Francisco Chronicle that labeled the old Winchester Black Talon ammunition "Whirling blades of death," and the subsequent chicken-little hysteria caused Winchester to pull the Black Talon from the market. It was quietly re-introduced some years later as Ranger Talon, without the black bullets.
    Last edited by NIFT; 08-09-2011 at 13:43.
    Robert E. Aldridge, NRA Certified Instructor, website: iftnra.com

User Info Menu

Wow. That's all I can say is Wow.

User Info Menu

Hmmm, wonder which gun store in Indiana Cleetus hangs out in?

Answer: all of them.
    A Sigma and a SIGma male

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NIFT View Post
    If my memory servers (heroic assumption!), it was the San Francisco Chronicle that labeled the old Winchester Black Talon ammunition "Whirling blades of death," and the subsequent chicken-little hysteria caused Winchester to pull the Black Talon from the market. It was quietly re-introduced some years later as Ranger Talon, without the black bullets.
    Didn't they sell them as the "Ranger SXT" (Same eXact Thing) with the black Lubalox coating, in boxes marked "LE Only" for a few years before changing to bonded jackets and the "Ranger Talon" label?
    He restoreth my soul. He giveth me kung fu in the face of my enemies.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scutter01 View Post
    I shoot Nerf bullets because I just want to inconvenience my murderous assailant.
    Same here.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/long_g...ge_report.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    From a "certified instructor"

“Hollowpoints is a ferocious man stopper because they’s designed with sharp petals. As the bullet flies through the air, the petals come out like whirling fan blades of death over an inch wide. It flies through the air like that and tears up everything in it’s path. Ain’t no man livin’ through that.”

Whirling Fan Blades of Death - My Gun Culture

Much more at the site... browse around.

[Disclaimer... I have nothing at all to do with the site except enjoy it.]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast