• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is there any special clothes that you wear when you go to the range?

Besides eyes and ears protection, what kind of gear/clothing do you wear (special pants with lots of pockets to carry all your shooting crap, gloves, hat, knee pads, INGO shirt ... whatever it might be) or fo you just grab your range bag full of ammo and wear everyday clothes or whatever you have on?

Im just wondering because I see some guys with full "tacticool" gear from head to toe at the range (camo pants, tactical underwear probably and such ... :):).

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Full battle gear. :D

...but seriously, I just wear whatever. If I'm in tennessee I'll at least wear jeans, since we shoot in a wooded area.

All my gear is in midway pistol/rifle bags, and such, so I usually don't carry anything other than a few bags.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If its outdoor for rifle, weather appropriate. Jeans in cooler months, shorts in warmer months. Maybe a hat or shirt that has a gun vendor or saying on it. Other than that, just another day.

Indoor, whatever I have on at the time.

Not into the tacticool look.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I just try to make sure I'm not wearing somehting with a big or "loose" collar. I hate having the hot brass hit the stall wall and fly down the back of my shirt. I also always wear either boots or sneakers.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I believe in training with what you have.

I normally wear a t-shirt and jeans when I'm out and about. So, I always train in a t-shirt and jeans. I have in the past trained with khaki pants and a polo, because things are switched around when I'm in that type of dress attire. (holster and mag pouches are in different places).

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I wear normal every day clothing just like I would be wearing if I were attached in my car or on the street: Jeans or slacks with a loose fitting, untucked shirt hiding my left side cross carried G23 or 27. (I've found that I can draw more quickly than if I carry on my right hip or small of the back.) Other than sighting in a new pistol or new CT laser attached to one of them I practice a slow, careful draw while standing, get into a shooting stance and put two rounds into targets at 4, 7 and 10 yards. Today I also sat in a chair to simulate having to shoot from my car at someone attempting to open my door or reach thru the window. The target is only 6 feet away for that drill (all target frames are flimsy wood and aren't a ricochet problem.) But back to the question, I always wear normal street clothes.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I never go in anything less than full battle armor

k241587_tacticool%20AK.jpg

In all seriousness I typically where whatever I had on at work that day since I stop by the range on my way home from work.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Mall Ninja?

Whatever I am wearing. Usually carpenter jeans and a pocket t-shirt or polo in the summer. Long sleeve denim or flannel shirts and appropriate outer wear in the winter. The only time I ever wore,"tacti-cool", it was both mandated by being the uniform of the day and thoughtfully provided by you my fellow tax paying Americans. :D

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Typically whatever I have on at the particular time I decide to go, short of any adjustments made for weather (cold, snow, rain, etc...). I figure if I do have to deploy a firearm, it will need to be done when I'm dressed like I typically would out and about on a weekend....so I train with what I would normally wear (short of eye protection and muffs).

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Whatever I'm wearing that day.

I always make sure I have my baseball hat on to keep brass from going up and over my glasses.

I also make sure I have closed toe shoes on.

Ear pro obviously. Sometimes gloves if shooting outdoors and the weather is inclement.

Top Bottom