• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I had the opportunity to attend the meeting Tuesday night (8/30/11) at the Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility, Inc.

The group plans to meet at Kodiak on the last Tuesday of every month.

Below are the results of the meeting. I will post in this thread subsequent meeting info. I know at least 4 INGO guys were there.

I encourage anyone in the area to attend. Nice people, like minded and strong 2A supporters. Please join us and help spread the word.

Copy and paste of the meeting:

Last night's Second Amendment Patriots North meeting was a great success. Many thanks to everyone who showed up and the many valuable suggestions and contributions. This organization is going to be successful -- I can tell by the quality of the people involved. I counted 22 in attendance at the meeting. We soon filled our original meeting room and had to move into another room. I like those kind of problems.

First items covered were some basic organizational decisions for our group. We decided:

1. To meet on the last Tuesday of every month.

2. Meeting location for the time being will be:
    Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility, Inc.
    4611 S Burnett Dr.
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com
    3. Meeting time is at 6:30 PM.
    4. Some items that we need to think about and can decide later are:
    What will be our meeting guidelines (Robert's Rules of Order, etc)?

How much gun-related news should we advise the group of?
    Safety education. I feel strongly about this one; it doesn't hurt to be reminded occasionally that a moment's inattention with a firearm can produce a lifetime of regret. Hopefully someone will volunteer to address safety issues for 5-10 minutes at our meetings.
    Do we want to have any training at our meetings? I noticed there were already two sign-up lists for classes in the office. One class was for "Introduction to Reloading" and the other was for "Trauma Treatment". I signed up for both.
    Do we want outside speakers at our meetings?
    Do we want to take any "field" trips?
    Do we want outside vendors to have product reviews/presentations at our meetings?
    What about social events like picnics and cookouts?
    5. We reported that we have had an offer from someone to pay for a listing with Meetup.com. This sounds like a good idea since individuals can coordinate their meeting schedules with other groups they may be interested in. We will need to decide on this soon. I am in favor of the idea. We also had someone at the meeting suggest we should be on facebook. Thanks for "volunteering" Ty!
    6. As soon as possible we should pick some leaders for 2A Patriots North. I do not have to be a leader in this organization. Perhaps someone would like to volunteer. :-)
    7. We will need to decide what level of public profile we should maintain. We need to be concerned about the image of Second Amendment Patriots North.

I am sure that we will be adding to the above list of things to think about as we progress. Your suggestions are appreciated.

Next item covered was a comprehensive report by Len on the South Bend Park Board Meeting. Len advised that he was permitted to read a letter to the Park Board and advise that what they were considering was against the law. The board reacted with a "deer-in-the-headlights" look. Apparently they were caught by surprise. After Len was permitted to read our letter, he left. Another of our members stayed at the meeting to evaluate their reactions. Not much was said about Len's presentation.

My own opinion is that we will have to watch this board closely. We probably should have someone at every board meeting. I don't trust them and imagine that they will try to sneak something thru. Just my thoughts.

We also discussed the violation of state law with the City-County Building. This issue is not going away and there will be more happening in the near future.

We also discussed the lawsuit against the city of Hammond.

After the meeting was adjourned, several of our members were treated to a tour of the facility by Mike Zimmerman (owner of Kodiak Firing Range).

Thanks Mike for your hospitality.

Respectfully submitted:
    Dennis Whittaker

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    So, what was said about the Hammond lawsuit?:popcorn:
    If I am not in school I'll definately drove over for a meeting or two.:rockwoot:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    MEETING NOTICE - 2nd Amendment Patriots North Meeting on Sept 27th at 6

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North Meeting will be held on Tuesday Sept 27th at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:

4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

Kodiak Firing Range is offered as a meeting place for 2A Patriots North thru the generosity of Mr. Mike Zimmerman (Owner). Thanks Mike for your hospitality.

When the meeting is over, I intend to drop a few rounds on the range. Today I went to Kodiak and purchased some 45 ACP frangible rounds so I could be "loaded up and ready to go". Incidentally, the frangible cartridges purchased at Kodiak were MANUFACTURED IN INDIANA. I paid less for them than another box of 50 purchased at another gun store. Let's support Indiana Businesses. I make no apologies, I am an unrepentant capitalist.

Some of the items I wish to discuss at next Tuesday's meeting are:
    What will be our meeting guidelines (Robert's Rules of Order, etc)?

How much gun-related news should we advise the group of?

Safety education. I feel strongly about this one; it doesn't hurt to be reminded occasionally that a moment's inattention with a firearm can produce a lifetime of regret. Hopefully someone will volunteer to address safety issues for 5-10 minutes at our meetings.

Do we want to have any training at our meetings? Kodiak Range is now offering some very good training courses. I urge you to go to: http://kodiakrange.com/training.html and consider signing-up for some classes.

Do we want outside speakers at our meetings?

Do we want to take any "field" trips?

Do we want outside vendors to have product reviews/presentations at our meetings?

What about social events like picnics and cookouts?

We reported that we have had an offer from someone to pay for a listing with Meetup.com. This sounds like a good idea since individuals can coordinate their meeting schedules with other groups they may be interested in. We will need to decide on this soon. I am in favor of the idea. We also had someone at the meeting suggest we should be on facebook. Thanks for "volunteering" Ty!

As soon as possible we should pick some leaders for 2A Patriots North. I do not have to be a leader in this organization. Perhaps someone would like to volunteer. :-)

We will need to decide what level of public profile we should maintain. We need to be concerned about the image of Second Amendment Patriots North.
    I have already received several thoughtful emails concerning the issues above. Hopefully we can discuss these issues at Tuesday's meeting.

Of course Len Grummell will be reporting on the latest news in the war on the Second Amendment.

Unless we get involved discussing some really heavy "issues", it is my intention to keep the meetings no longer than 1 hour.

Please send me any ideas you may have to help make our meetings interesting, informative and worthwhile. I know you are all busy and I want to make the meetings a good use of your time.

Respectfully submitted:
    Dennis Whittaker

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    Great meeting tonight and even better that we almost ran out of chairs for the turnout. I can see this group turning into a rather large one as we keep gaining steam. I know I intend on bringing a good 4 or 5 more like minded friends/family to the October meeting (and possibly some grub as Len and others mentioned a couple times)....Maybe I could fry up a couple pounds of BACON...I can't think of anything better than talk of guns and BACON (unless some Chick-fil-a is mixed in...which is very possible since it is all of 2 mins away from Kodiak).

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    9166922.jpg

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    9/27/11 meeting of the 2nd Ammendment Patriots North Summary

Below is a summary of the meeting held last night.

We invite any and all of you to attend. This group is just beginning to get organized and I can assure you it will continue to grow. The people attending are a fun loving, easy going bunch and the meetings are very relaxed and open.

It's a great opportuninty to listen, learn and teach like minded others about the 2nd Ammendment to our Constitiution, hear political viewpoints, candidates for office positions and next meeting, have some good food too.

Please plan to attend and feel free to invite anyone else to attend.

Subject: Report of 2A Patriots North meeting of 9-27-2011

Many thanks to everyone who came out in the rainy weather for last night's 2A Patriots North Meeting. I counted 28 individuals in attendance. This was more than the number who attended our August Meeting. Thanks again for your dedication.

Attached is an agenda for the meeting so you can get an idea of what the meeting was like. (I copied and pasted it below--LS&B)

Included with the hand-out agenda was a poster for the Clay Bird Shoot at the Back Forty Sporting Clays near Bourbon Indiana. The event is a fund raiser for Jackie Walorski's candidacy for Congress. Jackie has ALWAYS been a strong supporter for our Second Amendment Rights. She was one of main reasons (along with Jim Tomes) Indiana now has a lifetime LTC (the only state in the USA).

Details of the Clay Bird Shoot are as follows:

Back Forty Sporting Clays
    1010 9B Road
    Bourbon, IN 46504

The event will be on Friday, September 30th, 2011 and Clay Bird Shooting starts at 3:30 PM and goes to 5:30 PM. Dinner will be at 6:00 to 7:30 PM. Admission to Dinner alone is $50.00 per person. If you wish to participate in the "shoot" bring your own 12 gauge shotgun. Again, this is a fund raiser for Jackie's Campaign. Jackie doesn't have access to taxpayer's money for campaign purposes -- like the "other side" does.

We enjoyed the great report of the recent Gun Rights Policy Conference Report presented by Mark Vanderberg. This sounds like a very good organization that is doing a lot of good. Thanks Mark.

Len Grummell presented a report in the latest battles in St Joseph County. Thanks Len for the dedicated work you are doing.

We were favored with a visit from the Northeast Indiana Field Representative for Richard Mourdock's campaign. Cheryl gave the group a brief description of where Richard Mourdock stands on Second Amendment issues.

While it is NOT the policy of 2A Patriots North to formally endorse any candidate for public office, individual members are free to express their own opinions. We desire that our meetings remain an open forum for any political candidate seeking public office. We desire that candidates attend our meetings and they are free to speak to the group. They should realize however that individuals in the group are going to be free to ask them questions and express their own opinions. After all, America used to be a country were citizens were free to express their political opinions. This may change in the future if Obama is re-elected (see, I just expressed my own opinion).

Cheryl went on to explain where Richard Mourdock and Dick Lugar stand on the freedom guaranteed by the Second Amendment. Their positions are summarized as follows:

Richard Mourdock:

1. Received an "A" rating from the NRA in 2010.
    2. "A" rating from Gun Owners of America.
    3. Opposes unconstitutional attempts to restrict gun ownership for law-abiding citizens.
    4. Understands that gun control does not equal crime control and the Constitution guarantees an individual right to own firearms.
    5. Opposes the appointment of liberal activist federal judges who do not respect the original meaning of our Constitution.

Dick Lugar:

1. Lifetime "D+" rating from the NRA.
    2. "F" rating from Gun Owners of America.
    3. Voted for Brady Bill, "assault weapons" ban, and DC handgun ban.
    4. Voted against your right to interstate recognition of your concealed carry permit.
    5. Supported Obama's liberal anti-gun nominees to the US Supreme Court.
    6. Endorsed by the extreme anti-gun Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

I am going express my opinion again; I think Dick Lugar is one of the most dangerous politicians there is. He lies by telling us he is a conservative and then votes against every issue a conservative stands for. If Dick Lugar is re-elected -- we will lose some more of our personal freedoms. We need RICHARD MOURDOCK.

In other business, the group agreed upon the existing general agenda for our meetings, using Robert's Rules of Order (RRO) as a guide for business transactions. They further agreed that they want featured speakers and vendor/visitor participation in our meetings. We also talked about having carry-in food for our meetings. I couldn't find one person who disagreed with that idea.

After adjournment, me and a few others spent some time on the Kodiak Range. Again, thanks to Mike Zimmerman for providing Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility as a great place to have our meetings.

You may contact Mike at:

4611 S Burnett Dr.
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

All in all; it was a great evening. Our next meeting will be held on Oct, 25, 2011. Hope you can make it.

Respectfully submitted:

Dennis Whittaker

Second Amendment
    Patriots North​
    Meeting Agenda for 9-27-2011​
    1. Introductions and purpose of meeting.
    2. Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
    3. Announcement of upcoming events:
    a. Training opportunities at Kodiak Range. Mike Zimmerman.
    b. Clay Bird Shoot for Jackie Walorski on 9/30/11 at Back Forty Sporting Clays (Bourbon).
    Need 2 more 4-person teams.
    4. Safety Moment – Question: Have you ever done something careless with a firearm that
    afterward sent “shivers” down your spine? It is good to remember those moments and be
    certain we don’t repeat the careless behavior. Dennis Whittaker
    5. Gun related news:
    a. Mark Vanderberg – Gun Rights Policy Conference Report.
    b. Len Grummell – Report on the local 2​
    nd Amendment War.
    c. Dennis Whittaker – Gunwalker goes to the Hoosier State.
    d. Dennis Whittaker – ATF, FBI allowed Indiana “crime gun” sales.
    e. Additional news from members.
    6. Old Business:
    A. Meeting Format Questions:
    1. Approval of General Agenda.
    2. Adoption of Robert’s Rules of Order.
    3. Featured speakers.
    4. Visits to other locations.
    5. Vendor and visitor participation (product reviews).
    6. Social events (refreshments).
    B. Membership on Meetup.com and website.
    C. Leaders selection for 2A North. Do you want elections?
    7. New Business: Open format to discuss any issue.
    8. Adjournment.
    9. Session on the Range. Hope you brought your guns.

Next meeting for 2a patriots north will be on Oct 25, 2011​
    Thank You for your support and participation.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    2A Patriots North update

Just received the below from Dennis. I suggested adding some sort of community service item to the agenda so bring your ideas. I was thinking along the lines of a canned food drive among our members, a park clean up day, serving at a soup kitchen, etc.

See you on the 25th!

LS&B

Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2011 8:49 AM
    To: Dennis Whittaker
    Subject: NOTICE OF 2APN Meeting for October 25th

The next 2nd Amendment Patriots North Meeting will be held on Tuesday Oct 25th 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held at:
    4611 S Burnett Dr
    South Bend, IN 46614
    574 299-8000
    www.kodiakrange.com

Kodiak Firing Range is offered as a meeting place for 2A Patriots North thru the generosity of Mr. Mike Zimmerman (Owner). Thanks Mike for your hospitality.

COME TO THE MEETING HUNGRY!

We will be having beans, franks and cornbread; thanks to the generosity of Len Grummell of Len's Ammo Shop. Please bring a soft drink for yourself and others. All other food and plates, napkins, etc will be provided.

At the present time, Len is scheduled to give a short talk on holsters. Other items will be added to the agenda as we continue planning for the meeting.

Please let me know if you have any additional items for the meeting agenda. This is YOUR meeting and we will be most happy to discuss subjects that you want to discuss. Please let me know if you have any items for the agenda.

See you on the 25th and stay safe.

Respectfully submitted,
    Dennis Whittaker

Top Bottom