• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    It's the holidays and I've had a bit of time off...so I have combed through the INGO Gun Shop feedback and some other sources to create a spreadsheet listing of 189 gun shops in Indiana.

Then I found out that Excel spreadsheets can’t be downloaded on the INGO site! With the help resourcefulness of CWood and esrice, I have learned that documents can be posted on Google. Go to this site:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...e6PrjlZ_FSOJKg

If you want to be able to sort and reformat, you’ll need to export this file to an .xls file. The command is under ‘File / Export.’

I split the state into nine 'zones', like a tic-tac-toe board. Zone 1 is the north west portion of the state. The original file has the map on a separate tab. The Google version doesn't have the map. I'll see if esrice wants to upload that too. The zone designations are used in the first column of the spreadsheet.

The listing can be sorted any way you want, by zone, by city, by zip code, by store name, etc. Use the sort function under 'Data' on the top bar of the Excel program.

The columns also have an 'auto filter' feature. Click on the little triangle at the top of a column and then select the item you want to filter on. The program will list only those lines that match that choice. To return to the full listing, select 'All'.

I did my best to distill the various good and bad posts about a particular dealer. With just two or three lines, I hope to convey the experiences our members have had.

I would like to receive corrections and additions. I will add them to the listing and re-publish. Send me a PM with your corrections and additions.

Hope this is helpful to the INGO members!

lovemywoods

Last edited:

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne

Nice work, lovemywoods!

If it matters, CNI Inc in Crown Point is closed. His son committed suicide (in the shop, IIRC) a couple months ago, and he hasn't opened the shop since then. It's empty; everything is moved out and he doesn't plan on re-opening.

Also, the Cabellas in Hammond is closing within a week or two (they moved all of the stuffed critters and a lot of stock out just before Christmas).

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=committed+suicide&spell=1

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Nice work, lovemywoods!

If it matters, CNI Inc in Crown Point is closed. His son committed suicide (in the shop, IIRC) a couple months ago, and he hasn't opened the shop since then. It's empty; everything is moved out and he doesn't plan on re-opening.

Also, the Cabellas in Hammond is closing within a week or two (they moved all of the stuffed critters and a lot of stock out just before Christmas).

Thanks for the info. I'll add it to the next version. Do you know whether Cabellas is moving or just closing?

squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    I was just in Cabellas last night and saw nothing to indicate that business was changing. All the stuffed animals were still on the walls, the african safari was still there, the mountain in the middle was still there, the deer were still above the gun case. Thankfulls there is room to move around in the store again. They had it way too crowded with merchandice before Christmas that you couldn't walk around with you jacket on without hitting something off a shelf. They are no longer getting new winter merchandice in and its still a monthor two too early for the spring/summer clothing to hit the shelves. They seemed to have a good selection of handguns and bolt action, but were completely sold out of semi-auto rifles

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County

I've received conflicting reports about the Cabelas store in Hammond. So, I just called them and spoke to a nice customer service lady. She said the store is not closing! In fact, she said the business has been doing very well recently.

I can't explain what you observed, perhaps a remodeling job in part of the store?

lovemywoods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the info. I'll add it to the next version. Do you know whether Cabellas is moving or just closing?

Moving that store is nearly an impossibility. That was one of the very last jobs I worked while still in the trades- and it is an amazingly intricate building. It was a very large jobsite. They will not be moving.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    I've received conflicting reports about the Cabelas store in Hammond. So, I just called them and spoke to a nice customer service lady. She said the store is not closing! In fact, she said the business has been doing very well recently.

I can't explain what you observed, perhaps a remodeling job in part of the store?

I managed to stop by Saturday and talk to someone higher up the food chain.

The reason everything was in disarray (they had a lot of stuffed animals and as much merchandise they could move upstairs) the last time I was in there was because of the October(?) flood of the Little Calumet River (I'm in the same basin - that damned river has been fatal to my house twice now :xmad:).
    The locals, especially anyone living in Highland, Munster, and Dyer will be painfully familiar with the last two Little Calumet River "events".

The manager seriously thought about moving or doing a major redesign for awhile. He said if the electric would have gone out, the loss of clothing alone downstairs could have closed the store (they have some weird 50/50 deal with the insurance company on clothing & textiles).
    He's sorry about building in that godforsaken basin (he says he couldn't even count how many pumps it took to keep up with the last two times the river went three+ feet over flood-stage in '08). Guess it really scared the hell out of everyone aware of the situation, especially management.

Sorry about the inaccurate info earlier.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Nathan did not commit suicide. If he did, he washed his bloody hands off in the bathroom afterwards and got watered down blood everywhere...

Nice work, lovemywoods!

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    A cp Leo? Not to be trusted. They wanted it to be a suicide. Never has there been a murder in cp, ever. They want to keep it that way. I can give you enough details to make you think otherwise. The blood for one. Then the blood outside. There's also the two recovered rounds that Chuck had to dig out of the ceiling and floor himself. Nate staggered his rounds. The one to kill him was the first round. One through his head and straight up into ceiling even though it was a temple shot. The other down throught the coffee table. When Chuck called the detectives over thanksgiving about the bullets, they told him "just pick them up and being them over".

There was a girl involved... A very weird girl.

Top Bottom