JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Official event thread:

Ft. Wayne area meetup & shoot 10/23/2011

Fellow INGOer Plinker and a couple others have recently asked about another Ft. Wayne area meet, eat, & shoot. I got to thinking it has been a little while since our last one. Putting a feeler out there to see what we may be looking at. Once everything is decided this thread will be closed and an event thread will be opened in the event forum.

First off I know our last one was at IWL which went great. We spoke to them about a month ago when thinking about this and apparently a member or two made a comment about the number of us that were there that day and whatnot and while they said it can be done out there again that since there will be a large amount of non members attending that we will have to arrange to have one of their approved RO on sight which kind of has to revolve around their schedule. Anyway I figured it may just make things easier if we do this one at Roush? Thoughts on this? We did one there awhile back that went over good as well.

Also some of the members were wanting to eat first so I was thinking maybe Spyro's on Jefferson Blvd. for those interested. Thoughts on this as well please?

My idea was as follows:

Date: Saturday October 22nd
    Eat: 9am Spyro's @ 6455 W. Jefferson Blvd.
    Shoot: Get to Roush around 11am

Once the event thread is opened it would be nice to know how many plan to be at Spyro's and how many plan on just meeting at the range so I can know how many to expect at Spyro's so I can make arrangements.

For those that have never been to Roush before. It is $4 for the range fee.

Feel free to post comments or questions in this thread. It will close on the 23rd. That gives about a week to iron out the details and see if this will work out.

:ingo:

edit: poll added to help see what the majority wants. It is multiple choice to choose both date and time

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I live in Huntington. If at all possible to be able to come, is there anyway people could swing Sunday? I have to keep skipping everthing because I work 8a to 6p out of town on Fridays and Saturdays...if not, I will see if someone will switch with me.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I have never been to Roush, when during the day are they busiest? So far its a go for me, but I would like to see it moved a couple hours later. But I will go along with the general consensus.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have never been to Roush, when during the day are they busiest? So far its a go for me, but I would like to see it moved a couple hours later. But I will go along with the general consensus.

With it being at Roush we can come and go as it works best for each person. Plenty of us will be out there for many hours so I am sure there will be an INGO presence for much of the day. :D

Note taken though about the time. If it is too early for the majority we can bump it back a bit.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I live in Huntington. If at all possible to be able to come, is there anyway people could swing Sunday? I have to keep skipping everthing because I work 8a to 6p out of town on Fridays and Saturdays...if not, I will see if someone will switch with me.

poll added to see what the majority thinks.

The poll is multiple choice for both date and time

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Thanks for setting this up.

Roush will work fine. I'm a little miffed at IWL for making that comment. The last meeting we had there was the reason I signed up and paid my dues. Roush is bigger, better organized and a buck cheaper for non members. Always a pleasure to shoot with Ingo members.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Anyone have a Walther P22 that they'd be willing to let my wife shoot? She saw one and likes the look, she just hasn't shot one yet :D

Oh well if not too :)

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    My in laws live in Ft Wayne, so I might be able to get her interested in going to eat and then hanging out with her parents while I go shoot.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Another P22 here too... Along with a couple different Ruger Mark II's...

We could make either day... Doubt if we would be able to make it to Spyro's though...

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'll be there, either time/date works for me. I'm usually up at Roush or Roanoke on the weekends anyway.

Look forward to hanging out and ogling everybody's toys. :D

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I would love to come (even if I have to shoot with "Armed and Ready". :-)

Also, Sundays are better for me BUT maybe Hillside Shooting Sports would offer us a discount from $15 for non-members to $10 for non-members to go there? Shooting steel would be a great way for us to all interact. Either way, I am up to hang with the INGO crowd! ( I especially love the Spyros idea!)

I would be happy to let you guys shoot my new M&P 22 pistol! It's a tack driver.

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would love to come (even if I have to shoot with "Armed and Ready". :-)

Also, Sundays are better for me BUT maybe Hillside Shooting Sports would offer us a discount from $15 for non-members to $10 for non-members to go there? Shooting steel would be a great way for us to all interact. Either way, I am up to hang with the INGO crowd! ( I especially love the Spyros idea!)

I would be happy to let you guys shoot my new M&P 22 pistol! It's a tack driver.
    :rockwoot: Look forward to seeing you there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom