• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    As some of you know, I am going to be out of the state for a prolonged period of time over the next year for work, and don't want to keep my guns in my safe in an empty house. To that end I plan to break them down, and store the receivers in a safety deposit box (where im told the bank has a dont-ask-dont-tell policy regarding boxes)

For those of you who do this already, can you suggest any precautions to keep them from rusting? I was planning on coating them in a thick grease and vacuum sealing them with a dissident pack before putting them in the box, but am looking for peoples real world experience.

Also, I will be storing suppressors. Can't really coat them in grease, was hopping just the vacu-sealing and dissident would work :/

This will be for 6-12 months, durring which I don't expect to take them out/have them see the light of day at all.

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    If your at home safe has climate control then that might be your best bet. Also good cases will work for the amount of time the will be put away

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    If your at home safe has climate control then that might be your best bet. Also good cases will work for the amount of time the will be put away

Its more of I don't like the idea of leaving them in an empty house for that period of time. I know crime isn't exactly rampant in my area, but...

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Greasing and sealing them should be sufficient for a year's storage, and I would think the bank's vault is somewhat "climate-controlled" as it is.

BTW, I'd gladly [STRIKE]volunteer [/STRIKE] rent you a few sq. ft. in my safe for storage. :D

ol' poke

Top Bottom