• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Geeze man dont scare me like that!! I thought this was gonna be another story about kids getting killed by accident bc of neglegent parents or something.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Very interesting pie chart. I for one am going to keep my kids at home with the loaded guns and not let them ride in a car or go swimming. Of course they will have to sleep on a bare mattress in the middle of the floor because I can't risk giving them a pillow or blanket. Might get cold because I don't want to risk a fire hazard from the space heater.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Yeah, run the numbers though. The numbers don't add up. If you add all the percentages they come out to 100%, But if you calculate the percentage from the numbers given, It's actually LESS Than one percent. It's just barely over 1/2 of a percent (0.64 percent).

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I hope the pediatricians will become more concerned with pillows in the home and less concerned with firearms.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I hope the pediatricians will become more concerned with pillows in the home and less concerned with firearms.
    Or poisons in the household, or motor vehicles, or swimming pools. All things children could be exposed to very frequently.

A pox on the morons who dwell on the firearm stats, and fail to properly assess and address risks to kids.

todkapuz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Carmel, IN
    I call for mandatory registration of all pillows! Must lock away all pillows away from the young ones! It's for the children! If it saves just one!

But seriously, it is true, so few people don't realize how few child deaths have occurred due to firearms. But yes, if something like this would make the news someday... but nope... its not fun if it doesnt have the fear factor. Kinda like radiation.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    This is great news, but it is tragic that any child dies.

Is it?

I mean, yeah it's tragic for the family of that kid. But is it tragic in a general sense?

Kids die. Grownups die. Been happening for ages, gonna keep happening for ages. It's just the way of the world. It'd almost be tragic if it stopped happening.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    We can do more. Mandatory firearms education in all government schools.

Uh, why just government schools?

Eddie Eagle is good stuff in any school, scout troop, youth group, etc.

Eddie Eagle Safety Program

k8w6732.jpg

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Good idea. Even if one chooses not to exercisr thrir 2nd ammendment rights they should know basic gun safety. I think it would also ease a lot of fears.

Often fear= ignorance

While we're at it we should teach kids:

1) How to balance a bank account and to NOT go into debt.
    2) Change a tire on a car.
    3) Cook healthy food for themselves.
    4) How to fix things around the house.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Remember this statistic the next time someone tells you that anti-gun nuts are worried about child safety. They are not. The vermin will use anything they can to lure the undecided and co-opting the death of a child to further their cause is fair game to them. Sure, there are some that truly think they are saving kids, but for most, it's just a great emotional argument that comes complete with horrific images of what happens when a toddler is allowed to grab a loaded gun.

If they were worried about child safety, you would have groups out to ban pools, pillows, ladders, chemicals, and everything else that takes young life. Common sense keeps that from happening, but as we all know, common sense is not very common among anti-gun types.

Top Bottom