Clint Smith on gun safety, must see video.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Some of you probably already saw that video, all of us (I would like to think that it is all of us anyway) know about the 4 safety rules but we can never have too many reminders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uytPO0UaDM&list=FLcgAGM5InrQDOZk152gIWnw&feature=mh_lolz

For me gun safety is THE most important thing in firearms, it's even more important than hitting your target or being a good shot.

You can still have a good time at the range, with friends and family, even if you miss the target, but you cannot have a good time if you shoot yourself or one of your loved ones by "accident", at home or at the range.

Stay safe! :patriot:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I agree 100%. These are the rules I teach to any Noobies that I shoot with, and when I shoot with the Boy Scouts. I stress to the Scouts that have shot with me before that familiarty breeds contempt, and too many people are involved in accidents because "they know better". I also stress that they are setting an example to the younger Scouts, who look up to them.

But, that's just my 2 cents.

P.S. Sylvain, I would like to favorite that for the Scouts. What is the video title I can search for?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I agree 100%. These are the rules I teach to any Noobies that I shoot with, and when I shoot with the Boy Scouts. I stress to the Scouts that have shot with me before that familiarty breeds contempt, and too many people are involved in accidents because "they know better". I also stress that they are setting an example to the younger Scouts, who look up to them.

But, that's just my 2 cents.

P.S. Sylvain, I would like to favorite that for the Scouts. What is the video title I can search for?

Just click on the title of the video "Clint Smith on gun safety" on this page, it will open a Youtube page with the video, then you can favorite it if you have a YT account.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just click on the title of the video "Clint Smith on gun safety" on this page, it will open a Youtube page with the video, then you can favorite it if you have a YT account.

When I click on it it goes straight to video without opening youtube window. I'm on my cellphone. But I found it. Duh for me. I just had to type clint smith gun safety.

Thanks

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Excellent stuff, as usual, from Clint Smith.

Allow me to emphasize one of his points: sights on the target--finger on the trigger. Sights not on the target--finger off the trigger.

The second part is the challenging one. People--new shooters in particular, based on what I see in my Basic Pistol classes--tend to leave the finger on the trigger once it gets there.

So...when finished shooting, get that finger off the trigger and back alongside the frame!

If that is not, yet, a subconscious reflex action, practice it consciously until it becomes automatic.

Let's all stay safe!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Excellent stuff, as usual, from Clint Smith.

Allow me to emphasize one of his points: sights on the target--finger on the trigger. Sights not on the target--finger off the trigger.

The second part is the challenging one. People--new shooters in particular, based on what I see in my Basic Pistol classes--tend to leave the finger on the trigger once it gets there.

So...when finished shooting, get that finger off the trigger and back alongside the frame!

If that is not, yet, a subconscious reflex action, practice it consciously until it becomes automatic.

Let's all stay safe!

I like the way he says things thraight without BS.
    Like I heard him say in another video, "keep your stupid finger off the trigger".Or keep it in the "happy place, alongside the frame". :D

CJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Indy
    Four very simple rules to live by.
    As gun owners we have a greater responsibility to prove to the anti's that guns are safe when handled and used properly.

Freeborn Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Memphis, IN
    Thanks for posting this. At a club meeting a few months ago they showed this same clip for everyone along with some others about gun handling. Never can be said enough.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yep it doesn't hurt to hear those rules over and over again. :)
    It doesn't matter if you are a total beginner that never shot a gun or highly trained shooter with years of experience.
    We all need to respect the same rules and experienced shooters have broke those rules in the past.

So we all need to make this 4 rules our mantra if we are going to deal with firearms.

I know Kirk repeats this mantra 50 times a day, this and the sand barrel mantra. :D

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I love Clint!

And seriously, how much would it cost to put a damn sand barrel outside of gun shows? There I said it so Kirk didn't have to. This time.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Bumped to educate some new members/gun owners who never heard of the 4 safety rules.
    Yep those people are out there.
    And it doesn't hurt experienced shooters either.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Bumped to educate some new members/gun owners who never heard of the 4 safety rules.
    Yep those people are out there.
    And it doesn't hurt experienced shooters either.

Thanks. Ive seen it many times before but couldn't find it when I wanted to share the link with those that need to see it. Now its properly bookmarked.

Top Bottom