• ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What a beautiful day out today! :rockwoot:

A co-worker of mine has been getting interested in getting a handgun. I am "the gun guy" at work so he came to me. He came over to my place the other night so I could show him a few different options and talked for several hours about everything guns.

Took him to the range today for a little hands on experience and I think we have a new addict! :D :rockwoot:
    Took a little variety of things for him to try. 9mm. pistol, .38 snubbie, .22lr, and the AK for fun.

He did great! Followed all the safety rules to a T and had an excellent first experience. When we were leaving he laughed and said "look". I looked and he was referring to his hand holding the staple gun with his finger positioned in a way as to not be on the trigger and he wasn't even thinking about it. :yesway: I told him I can't even pick my son's Nerf guns up without doing that. :laugh:

On the drive home he was already talking about how he would like to have a semiauto handgun, a revolver, a shotgun, and a rifle. :D

Getting new shooters involved is honestly one of the things I enjoy most about the shooting sport. I should have snapped a pic of one of his targets. He really did a great job shooting!

:ingo:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Roush? I was there. My targets looked like swiss cheese. My caffeine intake and cold hands really reared their ugly head today...

Always great taking ppl out for the 1st time :)

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Shooting is fun :)

I met an INGO'r at FCVCC so he could show me the place. We shot his .22 rifle and I about stopped and bought one on my way home. I'm sitting here thinking about what order I should get a .22, AR, and shotgun in :D -- I "only" have one handgun now.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Roush? I was there. My targets looked like swiss cheese. My caffeine intake and cold hands really reared their ugly head today...

Always great taking ppl out for the 1st time :)

Yes we were at Roush. Busy day there today!

It was a great day for me weather wise. I was there on Monday and it was around 19 degrees, snowing, and windy as hell. So today was amazing :D

chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Wife and I were at Roush too today, beautiful weather! I think you stopped by and said 'hi', I was wearing the tan hat with the INGO patch.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good job with the new shooter John. I hope to get out today just after lunch for a while !!

Thanks!

Yeah, I will be back at Roush again today as well. Meeting up with another INGOer to do some more shooting. Can't believe it is January with weather like this! :D

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Too bad I had to work, I might have tagged along! Sounds like a good trip and good job on getting a new shooter involved!

I would rep you but I have to spread the love!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    John, I hope you also told him about this amazing firearm site you are apart of also to get him to join:D. Nice job its always fun helping out a new guy to the addiction:yesway:

Top Bottom