• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    I live a few blocks away from Arsenal Park on 46th street. There was a large gathering going on there that was just interrupted by gunfire. I heard about 20 or so shots before I jumped inthe car to go investigate. Cops were swarming the place guns drawn when I drove by. Be safe out there!

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Why in the world did you jump into your car and go investigate??????????????? Are you leo? If not are you a wantabe? I really don't understand why anyone who is not getting paid to do it would run towards gunfire. Sorry if I sound harsh but I don't understand your thinking.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    OP is derp. Hey I know let me get in the way of a potential life or death situation! I especially hate OP, when people like you do this at wrecks involving a fatality. There's always someone who took time out of their day to record on video or take pictures of firefighters surrounding a crashed vehicle to prevent people like you from taking the last bit of dignity the dead could have. :xmad:

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Heard shots fired on your property? No? Then why would you investigate anything? It didn't involve you. Call 911 if you want to do anything. Sheesh.

"Stay safe out there"? You should take your own advice.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    Ok guys settle down, pardon my excited, hasty post. I didn't get into my car until 15 minutes or more after I heard the shots. And by "investigate", I meant driving by the park on my way to a neighbors house. If that makes me an idiot then so be it, but I bet most anyone would want to know what was going on in that situation.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Ok guys settle down, pardon my excited, hasty post. I didn't get into my car until 15 minutes or more after I heard the shots. And by "investigate", I meant driving by the park on my way to a neighbors house. If that makes me an idiot then so be it, but I bet most anyone would want to know what was going on in that situation.

I'll bet you're wrong.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Quote:

Originally Posted by msr

I'll bet you're wrong

^^+1.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Why in the world did you jump into your car and go investigate??????????????? Are you leo? If not are you a wantabe? I really don't understand why anyone who is not getting paid to do it would run towards gunfire. Sorry if I sound harsh but I don't understand your thinking.

repped!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I heard about 20 or so shots before I jumped inthe car to go investigate.

cool, they all went off!

06-Black-Cat-Fireworks-620x366.jpg

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Come on now. Take it easy here. The OP simply did his duty to INGO by putting himself in potential harm's way to keep us informed.

INGO REQUIRES INFO.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011

You're not an idiot. I would consider it being a good neighbor and responsible citizen. When there's trouble in your neighborhood, the idea to stay isolated in your house and "let the professionals handle it" is the kind of attitude that is ruining our society. I'm sure once you found the source of the commotion and saw that the police were on scene you remained at a distance and didn't get in the way. But staying involved in the community and investigating a potential problem and seeing if your help is needed is just being a good man, neighbor, and citizen. Well done.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    C'mon guys. We're all human (well, some of us are). I'd go jump in my car and see WTF too.

(I wouldn't get out, and I wouldn't stop either but I'd drive past if it was on the way somewhere..)

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    If the OP is "derp" then many of the respondents here are "tards". I thought the OP's mother was here.:rolleyes: Make your flippin' point then move on. Belittling and insuting the OP is uncalled for. Get out of feeding frenzy, group think-mode and simmer down. I didn't realize there were so many "let the police handle it and only listen to what you are told" folks here.

Last edited:

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    If the OP is "derp" then many of the respondents here are "tards". I thought the OP's mother was here.:rolleyes: Make your flippin' point then move on. Belittling and insuting the OP is uncalled for. Get out of feeding frenzy, group think-mode and simmer down. I didn't realize there were so many "let the police handle it and only listen to what you are told" folks here.
    :+1:

Top Bottom