• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Bought a new firearm, and decided to actually read the instructions. The following items are listed together on the same page:

WARNING
    Securing your firearm may inhibit access to it in a defense situation and result in injury or death. (Well, duh, but I already had a pretty good idea what was coming next.)

WARNING
    To prevent injury or death, it is imperative thay you must keep your gun unloaded, uncocked, and securely locked, with ammunition in a separate location. In addition, take any other reasonable steps to limit the possibility of theft, accident, or suicide. (OK, but what about the previous warning?)

WARNING
    Failure to properly secure a firearm may result in injury or death. (OK, now I'm scared. I think I'll just encase it in concrete.)

Using it properly could also result in injury or death, but they don't say anything about that.

:dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Anything you do or do not do may result in injury or death.

Sometimes, injury and death just happen.

It's not our fault.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    An oxymoron at it's finest.

You have to keep it locked up and unloaded, but also be able to use it quickly if needed. :facepalm:

dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    that is a fine way of making sure that in a court situation they have the ability to say, "not my fault" doesnt keep them from being sued should something happen but it at least gives them a fighting chance in court.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would hate to be the manufacturer forced to admit on the stand under oath that nowhere on my product did i install a warning that the user should not insert the product into his ear canal and ignite it.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    just some legal bs that they have to post. Due to the nature of the product that they are producing. Unfortunately guns are a product that are considered abnormally dangerous, and are mandated to have such warnings. I think such warnings on the gun it self are ugly as hell. And detur me from wanting/purchasing such models . While, I don't need such warnings the danger is not something that is foreign to me. However someone who knows nothing about guns can buy ammo, reproduce and be an idiot. hence they are there. I think that it shouldn't need to be a warning label in the owners manual gun can still fire with out mag. in it.. kinda thing.. Gee.. A gun could still fire if the safety is on and its faulty.. that being said.. you should always treat your gun as if its loaded.. and other peoples guns in the same manner!

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Nonsense! Coonfinger every gun you get a chance to! Darwinism = WINNING!! :D

or, as cousin Vinnie might say,

"If your honor pleases, my clients wounds clearly demonstrate the complete inability of the weasel words, and safety warnings, present on said firearm to communicate the danger to his person. The firearm functioned flawlessly, in all respects, repeatedly discharging rounds in the direction the barrel was pointing. Therefor, our suit for damages is not directed at the manufacturer, or firearms industry, per se, but rather at the English Language, and all its' practitioners." :facepalm:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Gotta' read this twice

Nonsense! Coonfinger every gun you get a chance to! Darwinism = WINNING!! :D

or, as cousin Vinnie might say,

"If your honor pleases, my clients wounds clearly demonstrate the complete inability of the weasel words, and safety warnings, present on said firearm to communicate the danger to his person. The firearm functioned flawlessly, in all respects, repeatedly discharging rounds in the direction the barrel was pointing. Therefor, our suit for damages is not directed at the manufacturer, or firearms industry, per se, but rather at the English Language, and all its' practitioners." :facepalm:

Uh, nicely done. I think, maybe! Should I quote you or Cousin Vinnie on this? I'm sure as heck gonna' steal it, either way! :):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Anything you do or do not do may result in injury or death.

Sometimes, injury and death just happen.

It's not our fault.

Warning: Living past the age of 50 will eventually result in death.

Warning: All people that drink water will eventually die.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom