• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    So, a friend and I decided it was a wonderful day to go and do some looking at some beautiful firearms. So, we made the trip up to Pop guns to do some browsing. Well, it was the usual. Overpriced items that i couldn't afford and whatnot. :): Anyway, i decided to watch the shooting range for a few minutes, just to see what others were shooting. Then i saw it! I watched in horror as some MORON broke every one of the four rules, AND probably broke some range rules. Never more have i wanted to barge in the range and smack this person in the face, and take away his gun.

Here is what happened.

The guy finished his mag, and dropped it into his hand, and placed it on his shelf. He then proceeds to exit his lane, and sweep about 5 people on his right. He grabbed a new mag and threw it into his gun. Still outside of his lane. This is the one that gets me. He stroke up a conversation with someone still five feet outside of his lane. While in the conversation, this person UNLOCKED HIS SLIDE, throwing a bullet into the chamber :facepalm: He continued talking for a few more seconds, THEN entered his lane and began firing. :xmad:

Can you spot any issues with this?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    That's one reason why it may be worth the little extra drive to ECPR on weekends. Fully staffed by certified range safety officers at all times.:twocents:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Just don't understand why people still got to Pop's after all the bad press it gets here. If you know it's bad yet still go I don't think you need to be complaining about it. :twocents: :horse:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Heck, I got chased off the 25 yard range.. By the people next to me's ignorance. The people next to me at Winamac barrel swept like it was the incoming fad, and stunk to high heaven (and I was downwind from them)... I was quick to pack up and NOT stick around for what would happen next... As I DIDNT want to witness it or be a victim of natural stupidity.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Was at Pigeon River FWA range last weekend; toward the end of my time went to the 10 yd pistol range. Three folks pulled up & took the 25 yd 'lane' to my right & set up some targets.

Ask, "Range clear?" "Yup". Step up to the window with my loaded Yugo M57 & took a quick look to my right; counted 1, 2... where the heck is the third person?

Stuck my head out of the window box & there she was, 5 yards down range getting ready to pull the trigger on her snub nose revolver! :n00b: :eek:

Put my pistol down & waited for her to finish & asked the guys if they happened to see the rules posted on the BIG sign right in front of them "ABSOLUTELY NO SHOOTING MID-RANGE". "Nope".

Worked through four mags as the guys shot from the 25 yd. window.

Reloaded & then saw that the misses walked mid-range again to fire her revolver.

Packed up & left... should have called or stopped into the FWA office on the way out but I didn't.

Top Bottom