• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    So I was watching American Guns last night and I almost fell out of bed when I saw those boneheads see another bonehead a Mossberg .223 and a S&W Governor for 8,000 smackers. Even with the trigger job and smoothing of the bolt on the rifle, come on really 8,000. Retail the rifle and gun was maybe 1,600 and the boneheads paid the rest of the money for them to do the customizing. WOW idiots are everywhere. To top it off they go out to shoot the guns and the guy that bought the gun was left handed and if I paid 8,000 for a set of custom guns I would expect it to be a lefty shooting gun.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's fake. In fact, it would surprise me not in the slightest to learn that the producers priced the gun at $8,000 to make viewers believe that guns are far too expensive to buy.

finn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I think that it was $1200 for the guns and $6800 for the engraving that the customer didn't even ask for.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    That show is so dumb I can't believe people watch it. Actually, I've seen the daughter... I can't blame them.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    First of all, Paige isn't that hot. I would not watch it just because of her. I watched the first season, and I'm out. The one gunsmith, John, the Jack Black look-alike, never knows what he's doing. He always has to ask someone for help. Their custom work is WAAAAAAAAY too expensive, his son looks like a hoodlum, sagging pants and long hair and a cocked hat. Who would buy from them?

This show is ridiculous. Clearly scripted.

I know there are people who hate Sons of Guns out there. I almost bought something from Red Jacket, but their customer service sucked. Then they fired a bunch of people, and I got an email apologizing. They hired on a bunch of people to help them out. I think they'll make a comeback. They had an "F" rating from the BBB. I hope they can overcome that. Nice bunch of people, just got overwhelmed. I wished them the best of luck, and I'd try again later.

But seriously, American Guns sucks.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    First off Sig, I like your signature quotes.:): Especially the last one about SHTF!:laugh:

And even though Paige looks pretty good, these reality shows are as far from reality as the regular dramas are. And Red Jacket would be a good show if it was about guns and not all the drama with the employees.

All the "reality" shows should stick to their roots. Remember when they actually built choppers on Orange County Choppers?:rolleyes:

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    So I was watching American Guns last night and I almost fell out of bed when I saw those boneheads see another bonehead a Mossberg .223 and a S&W Governor for 8,000 smackers. Even with the trigger job and smoothing of the bolt on the rifle, come on really 8,000. Retail the rifle and gun was maybe 1,600 and the boneheads paid the rest of the money for them to do the customizing. WOW idiots are everywhere. To top it off they go out to shoot the guns and the guy that bought the gun was left handed and if I paid 8,000 for a set of custom guns I would expect it to be a lefty shooting gun.

Saw the show last night and had similar thoughts; $8,000 - really?:popcorn:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Those shows are not designed for people with at least a little bit of knowledge about firearms.

Forget Paige...............Renee is for me.....:)

Top Bottom