• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I am looking at buying a stripped AR lower on Gunbroker.com but have never used the site before. Im wondering if anyone can give me any kind of feedback on their experiences and/or tips to make everything go smooth.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I went to 4 stores on the west side of indy today looking around and no one had one. I was asking about "ordering" one but got laughed at in 2 stores. (i was kind of expecting that) I know the pipeline is a little backed up right now. I'm just wondering if Gunbroker is legit enough to do business on. Or.... If anyone has seen a Stripped Rock River Lower?? A heads up would be nice. (It's a bit like spotting Bigfoot right now though)

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've sold a number of items there in the past month. Communication has been fast and so have the payments I've received. For me, it is as easy as eBay.

Look at the feedback on the seller, that's your first indicator. Ask a lot of questions to the seller and, even ask for a phone number so that you might be able to talk with the seller.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    As previously stated, it is a lot like Ebay.
    Especially since I have only gotten burned once on Ebay and once on Gunbroker.
    I always try to check the sellers feedback closely, and I ALWAYS email them prior to biding, to see how fast they reply, or if they reply at all. Usually a good indication of what will happen after the auction.
    Not all, but for the most part honest upstanding people.

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    you seem to find everything you could want there, but isn`t it a little exspensive on most guns and parts?
    i know of 2 gun stores with lowers instock right now, 160-200 depends on brand.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    +1 for Gunbroker.com

I am looking at buying a stripped AR lower on Gunbroker.com but have never used the site before. Im wondering if anyone can give me any kind of feedback on their experiences and/or tips to make everything go smooth.

I have sold several of my own guns on Gunbroker; priced them right and all sold for full price within a few days. I do a lot of transfers for customers who found me on Gunbrokers FFL finder and all went smooth and everyone was happy. Just do your homework to make sure you are paying a good price. Great site but when it comes to pricing buyer beware as some prices are all over the ball park.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just do your homework to make sure you are paying a good price. Great site but when it comes to pricing buyer beware as some prices are all over the ball park.

I too have done quite a few Gunbroker.com transactions but think that Michiana's words of warning should be heeded when it comes ot making sure you do your homework. What he said makes a lot of sense and you really have to look at all the components of the deal.

You may find a great deal on a lower, but then pay a high price for shipping, and then pay a transfer fee when you go pick it up at your local friendly FFL ... all of a sudden that 'great deal' looks like a lot less of a bargain.

I was at a gun shop this morning and a guy wanted a Glock, the shop had them for $549. The guy said but I just saw it on the internet for $489. The dealer pulled out his laptop, looked up the EXACT deal that the customer was talking about. The gun in question was NOT a brand new gun, it came with the 10 round magazines instead of full capacity magazines, and the shipping fee was $40. So the gun would have cost the customer $529 for a used gun with limited magazines, the dealer charges $25 transfers, so that would have made the total price $554 . . . and all of a sudden that 'deal' looked like a bad deal.

Now all the caution noted, I like Gunbroker, AuctionArms, and GunsAmerica because when looking for rare models, they are often the ONLY place where you will find them. I'm just not sold on using them for too many of the standard/stock guns because it is possible to pay more for less.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Not farmiliar with that brand

The lowers are Roggio Arsenal. I got one and think that it's a pretty nice lower. I'll probably get some more of them in the future.

I just ordereds some Rock River Arms stripped lowers and lower kits but do not have a clue when they will ship, could be six weeks to several months. I will sell them for more than that so if they are good quality and they have them now go for it. :twocents:

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway
    I've bought quite a few things on Gunbroker.com and have never had a problem. Like everyone else says, it's the Ebay of guns. Always look at the seller feedback before you bid.

Top Bottom