• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I've noticed in several threads people talking about different guns being a piece of s**t and problems they have had with some new guns. I did a search and see that it has been a while since a thread with this topic was posted. Being a newbie here along with many others I thought there might be some new stories from the members on this. I myself have never had any problems (unless you count accuracy. Damn Beretta 92) and I've got 40-50 firearms of different variety and makers except full-auto. So if any of the long time members and newbies have any "horror" stories to share, please do!:popcorn:

buffalohump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    I bought a High Standard 22 mag over/under derringer new in the early 70's. To load break open, it also cocks the gun. no safety, no trigger guard. Not really the gun you want in your front pocket. Ended up trading it off. Never shot it.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Taurus TCP. Would never feed reliably (tried all sorts of ammo), sent it back twice, still had at least 1 FTE on almost every magazine (tried switching mags too). If you can't count on a pocket gun to go bang, there's not much point in having it. Replaced it with LCP, and haven't had an issue since.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    This is also my worst mistake in selling. Bren Ten auto pistol. It would not feed from the mag at all. Order replacement mags and waited like watching a ketchup bottle.

They never came in even ordered from where I got the gun. I also ordered from 3 other places.

I guy made me an offer I could not refuse. Now they are worth a small mint if they load the rounds or not.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I had a Taurus 905 for two (non-consecutive) days..

905chss2.jpg

Bought it brand new at a range that had a very limited amount of firearms - I've always liked revolvers and carried a Glock 17 at the time, so a 9mm revolver sounded pretty cool. Had LOTS of trouble with light primer strikes, had the rangemaster check it out and we decided there was a problem with the gun itself. The shop sent it back to Taurus who returned it about a week later, saying that it was just dirty. They claimed to have cleaned it, tested it, and cleaned it again, yet we still had problems. We tried every kind of ammo they carried just in case it was picky, but still nothing. They let me trade it up for a Glock 26 and I bought night sights as a thank you - it still shoots just fine today!

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    10/22 plastic parts newer model. Piece O' crap.

Sent it to Ruger 3 times before selling it.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    10/22 plastic parts newer model. Piece O' crap.

Sent it to Ruger 3 times before selling it.

Really??? That is surprising I have never heard anything but praise for the 10/22. I could understand maybe getting a lemon,but Ruger not fixing the problem after 3 tries is inexcusable!!

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I bought a High Standard 22 mag over/under derringer new in the early 70's. To load break open, it also cocks the gun. no safety, no trigger guard. Not really the gun you want in your front pocket. Ended up trading it off. Never shot it.

I bought one at a steal ($75 - haven't seen one under 300) and love it. No saftey is exactly what I want in a back pocket gun.

Worst I bought was a Bryco .380. Full sized, had a magazine release button so it used special, hard to find mags. Picky as hell about ammo and I couldn't shoot it worth a damn. Swap it and a Derringer for a Sig .40 and thought it a good trade.

tblosl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Evansville
    Technically it is my wife's but I bought her a Taurus .25 and it has trouble ejecting spent spent brass. It gets caught sitting length wise holding the slide open.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    DPMS M-4. piece of crap. I still have it but I swapped in all the bits and pieces from my M&P
    15 when I built it up with a load of hot rod parts. I mean all the pieces, Barrel, BCG, trigger assembly, all of it before it would run reliably.
    Will never consider their guns again.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Sig 556, I had an early version with the funky handguard. it ran fine but was heavy, awkrard, the sights were terrible, accuracy was no better than most AK's, I didn't like the wear in the gas tube, dissasembly and reassembly were too difficult for no reason, pair that with the fact that the AR was easier to tear down, and modify it was worth getting rid of it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Star Firestar in 40S&W. Firing Pin broke on the first round.
    Dry firing that Star huh? I noticed you specified "first round". I have owned a m45 Firestar for must be 25 years. It's still going strong. That star is the second best pistol I have ever owned. I gave the Smith & Wesson .45 to the boys and kept the star.

The worst gun I ever bought new was the AMT Backup .380. It had to go back to the factory twice before it would shoot. I still have to stretch out the springs on an annual basis, they must be made of rubber. the springs will take a set in a second, but not a set to their proper length.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Marlington 795, probably built just before the move to Kentucky. Sent back to Marlin before I even had a chance to shoot it. Barrel was installed incorrectly. Marlin sent a new rifle (Kentucky built). I went through it, cleaned and polished the bolt and receiver, put it in a wood stock. Great gun now.

picture.php

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Dry firing that Star huh? I noticed you specified "first round". I have owned a m45 Firestar for must be 25 years. It's still going strong. That star is the second best pistol I have ever owned. I gave the Smith & Wesson .45 to the boys and kept the star.

Did not dry fire the M40 Star. Bought it at the old surplus store/gun shop in downtown Kokomo. Took it home, inspected and lubed it. Took it out to the back 40 and was able to fire one round. It cycled fine, but on the next trigger pull, it dropped the hammer with no boom. Unloaded it and upon inspection, discovered no tip on the firing pin. Sent a letter to Interarms and had a new firing pin after a couple of weeks. The pistol worked OK, until the mag safety lever in the mag well broke. Fixed it again and traded it towards a Glock 23.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom