• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At the range today. Son was getting ready to shoot my 930 Mossberg. 1st round failed to eject as did the 2nd. I watched the 3rd and the bolt was not cycling. Pulled the gun down and found the gas piston and seal are broken. Also found that he (son) while cleaning it after our last outing did not get all the bits and pieces back in the gun in their proper order/positions causing this breakage.
    My dilemma is, after an hour on line looking for these pieces I am coming up with zero.
    Where/who sells decent parts for a 930.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    That has already been discussed. He is great at cleaning and maintaining the firearms but gets ahead of himself on occasion and this is one of those. 930 had less than 100 rds. through it.

Sucks that it happened but I bet he learned something! I can't wait to teach my son all about weapons, cleaning, safety, maintaining, and lastly enjoying. :D

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I was actually contemplating buying another 930 since I found my new love of shooting clay pigeons. I regretted trading my only semi auto shotgun and actually looked at new ones at my LGS Friday, then my father in law brought out his like new Remington 1100 Saturday. :D I love that shotgun and its availability kept my $$$ in my pocket. :yesway:

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    What is scary about that is something could have gone really wrong. Its really important to always know what is going on. I don't let anyone clean my guns PERIOD for that reason.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Up to now he has been spot on reliable. It is the cost of me taking him to the range. He is no youngster by any measure. He has 2 kids so I am doing the ammo thing until he gets on his feet. When I looked into the issue he had put one of the pieces in backwards. The gas section on this piece is a bit more complicated than my Remington.
    Yes we are lucky nothing serious happened.

A phone call and a credit card ($69.00) and the parts are in the mail.

Yes, he is repaying me.

Thanks to all.

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    Sorry, but this is the reason why you need to learn to disassemble and reassemble any firearm you handle in and out, and then again learn it in and out before you take it apart to clean it and reassemble it.

This simple mistake could have lost a hand, eye or even a life. I know I'm being a fudd but watch over next time someone cleans and reassembles your firearms if you are not 100% sure they know how the firearm is put together.

Im just glad to hear nothing major happened and just keep your eyes a little more open next time.

Top Bottom