• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I just got a call from my son who is finishing his MOS training to be an MP. I am an otherwise proud MARINE dad, but this call made me beam with pride! The gist of the call was that he just shot Expert on pistols on pre-qualifications, and out of 101 MARINES qualifying today, only 10 shot Expert their first time out.

This Expert badge that he will receive will go next to his Expert rifle badge from boot camp... The number of MARINES who receive both Expert badges their first time qualifying is a pretty short list indeed.

To me, this achievement puts even more emphasis on the slogan, "The few, the proud... the MARINES".
    :drill:

P.S.

I am actually quite proud of the achievements of all four of my kids... I just wanted to share this achievement with other shooting enthusiasts.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Congrats to him and to you! I had 3 brothers in the Corps in VN, I had to be different and served in the Navy.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Oh great...
    A warmonger death pimp, a cop, and a gun nutter all rolled into one.

Perfect.
    :rolleyes:

;)
    Congrats and good job, Dad.
    You raised a keeper.
    Semper Fi.

:yesway:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    .. The number of MARINES who receive both Expert badges their first time qualifying is a pretty short list indeed.

To me, this achievement puts even more emphasis on the slogan, "The few, the proud... the MARINES".

It is a short list and may even help him get a chance to compete. The only reason I got picked to shoot my first match was because I was an expert both with rifle and pistol. Only 2 pistol experts in the whole unit. The switch to the M9 had not happened yet on my first pistol qual so we had use old beat up 1911's, how I shot expert with that weapon still amazes me. Ended my Marine Career with 6th award expert rifle and pistol.

Congrats to your son, the fact that he is Marine is enough for me.

Sempter Fi.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    He should be just as proud of those two badges as I was/am...... congratulations, and Semper Fi.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My congrats and thanks to him for his awards and his service, respectively. My congrats to you for his awards; as has been said, you raised him right.

Semper Fi!

Blessings,
    Bill

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Congrats to him and to you! I had 3 brothers in the Corps in VN, I had to be different and served in the Navy.

Congratulations on your sons decision to serve. Military service never hurt anyone and you grow up fast and it lasts a lifetime. Wish you were telling us he joined the Navy but 2nd best is OK. :)

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Well it is often said around here that without pictures it didn't happen.

So by the magic of modern technology, my son was able to e-mail me his badges by phone.

picture.php

Thanks again for the good words, and allowing me to gloat a bit.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom