• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I am very amused by derringers and have been seeing articles on that gun. I would buy one in a quick instant except for two reasons; 1, They are much talked about but nobody has ever actually seen one, they are not for sale. 2, The price is completely OUTRAGEOUS......... When you factor in the materials used plus the machining involved in fabrication, it still does not warrant the asking price.

To be fair, if you apply the same calculation to American Derringer brand derringers they are also outrageously overpriced. The same with Bond Arms derringers. It seems strange a design that while being very interesting is still completely inferior to even the cheapest Saturday night special revolver commands such prices.

The Heizer Double tap wouldn't be a steal at half it's price, but at half it's price I would definitely be buying one anyway. It will flash in the pan and disappear just like the Downsizer WSP derringer did, and the COP four barrel derringer for that matter.

For a firearm to be a commercial success the manufacturer must first desire to market the product. This gun like several others will only be sold in very small numbers to very wealthy collectors for very inflated prices. It is only produced to grab a quick high percentage winfall profit for the C E O of Heizer (maybe he wants to retire) and then the cost of research and development will be absorbed by the company, probably resulting in it's bankruptcy. This is a standard business practice.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I've seen them in magazines for awhile now and thought they were really interesting, BUT then I saw the price. Not going to be able to swing that one anytime soon.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not something I would carry. I'll take the extra weight and bulk and carry a quality subcompact SA or airweight revolver.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    hmmm... It sounds like there might be a little something behind that story. Ya think? haha. So has there been a production run of them, and now they're deciding to go with a different production company or had they just made prototypes?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom