Howard County
    Greenfield Gun and Knife Show​

October 13th 9 A.M. - 5 P.M.

October 14th 9 A.M. - 3 P.M.

Hancock County Fairgrounds​

620 N. Apple St.​

Free Parking​

$5.00 admission​

Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got back from the show. It was smaller than I expected. I was thinking it would be similar to the Tri-State show at Stout Field. I set a new personal record by only spending 10 bucks at a gun show (not counting the 5 bucks admission)! :): Had to pass on one 1911 I saw... it was $10,000. :n00b: Granted, it was made in 1912 and appeared to be in good shape, but yikes...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Have to admit that was a slight disappointment. Just got back from the Greenfield show, there were several venders that normally are there, but were not this time. I did see some nice oddball firearms, but wasn't in the mood for them. AR style rifles were all around, and some reasonably priced.

I did see that first year Colt 1911 for $10K, nice but not right now. :D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Have to admit that was a slight disappointment. Just got back from the Greenfield show, there were several venders that normally are there, but were not this time. I did see some nice oddball firearms, but wasn't in the mood for them. AR style rifles were all around, and some reasonably priced.

I did see that first year Colt 1911 for $10K, nice but not right now. :D
    That M1A and Thompson that they were raffling off were pretty sharp too! I don't think I'd shoot either one though. You're right though, there were some oddball guns that I hadn't seen before. There was also a Mosin M44 that looked to be in near mint condition, but I still thought $325 was a bit high.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Picked up a really primo A1 pistol grip for an AR. Saw the other Dave. He was in a spirited negotiation so I didn't want to intrude. How happy was the buyer?
    Still thinking about the German .22 trainer (Walther banner marked) the guy on the east wall had. Have never seen one of those before.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Picked up a really primo A1 pistol grip for an AR. Saw the other Dave. He was in a spirited negotiation so I didn't want to intrude. How happy was the buyer?
    Still thinking about the German .22 trainer (Walther banner marked) the guy on the east wall had. Have never seen one of those before.

I drooled all over that Walther trainer. There was also a Weatherby .22 that I had not seen before.

As I said, there were some really nice oldies but goodies there. Just not as many tables filled as Danny usually has.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I drooled all over that Walther trainer. There was also a Weatherby .22 that I had not seen before.

As I said, there were some really nice oldies but goodies there. Just not as many tables filled as Danny usually has.

I saw the Weatherby as well and have been eyeing those for awhile, my grandfather had one so I always wanted one. This one just wasn't in that great of shape so I passed. Got real tempted by a SW M13 3" a guy offered me for 480.00 but it wasn't as nice as i'd like. The one at M&J in Fortville for 539.00 was much better but I know i'd probably never even shoot it. It was a nice enough time for a couple bucks though.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Anyone else interested in that Walther trainer. From limited search.
    1. Apparently the Walther marked are rarest.
    2. Is properly called a kkw.
    3. Production numbers are weird-500 or 5000 rifles.
    4. Is common to see them "duffel cut"
    5. The one at Greenfield had the best duffel cut repair I've ever seen.
    6. I have no interest in this rifle except curiosity.

Top Bottom