• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Before the next presidential election the average price of guns will increase

• Total voters

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I VOTED 200% BECAUSE ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DER TAKEN OUR JERBS AND OUR GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really makes me wish I was done with school and ready to start a shop (months ago) so I'd be ready to enjoy the wave of panic buying even at artificially inflated prices.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I VOTED 200% BECAUSE ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DER TAKEN OUR JERBS AND OUR GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really makes me wish I was done with school and ready to start a shop (months ago) so I'd be ready to enjoy the wave of panic buying even at artificially inflated prices.
    You could open a gas station four years ago.:dunno:

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I figured 20%, but that is obviously just a guess. I think that the surge in price we saw in 2008 will be nothing like what we see in the next year. People know that Obama, if he wins, may begin issuing executive orders that effectively ban guns (certain types or even all of them). He'll also be able to appoint at least one liberal SCOTUS justice who could turn the tide against the Heller decision. Scary times are ahead, stock up while you can.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I figured 20%, but that is obviously just a guess. I think that the surge in price we saw in 2008 will be nothing like what we see in the next year. People know that Obama, if he wins, may begin issuing executive orders that effectively ban guns (certain types or even all of them). He'll also be able to appoint at least one liberal SCOTUS justice who could turn the tide against the Heller decision. Scary times are ahead, stock up while you can.

And Romney, while not saying it lately, has said he'd support a nationwide ban on certain types of guns. Neither of them are 2nd friendly.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I wasn't into firearms during the last election. How much, if any did they go up after the '08 election?

I don't know if this is specific of the M&P or if it represents the price of guns as a whole, but I bought my first M&P in '08 and have bought 2 more since. The price of that gun seems to have steadily gone down. Other guns that I have kept an eye on for the last couple of years did not seem to change.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know if this is specific of the M&P or if it represents the price of guns as a whole, but I bought my first M&P in '08 and have bought 2 more since. The price of that gun seems to have steadily gone down. Other guns that I have kept an eye on for the last couple of years did not seem to change.

Look again. Maybe not everywhere but the price of a base AR has gone up.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    BS

And Romney, while not saying it lately, has said he'd support a nationwide ban on certain types of guns. Neither of them are 2nd friendly.

I know there are those here who do not like the NRA (some don't seem to like anybody for that matter) but the NRA likes Romney a lot. IMO, after reading the interview they did with him, this is about as far off base as you can get!

You can speculate all you want on what Romney may or may not do but you know darned well what Obama is going to try to do. I believe the wise choice is to elect Romney, give him a conservative Congress to work with and, if he screws things up, elect somebody else next time around.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I feel that the gun community is the one inflating prices more than anyone else. It's good for business.

My real question is why do we really care about the gun prices shouldn't you really be worried about ammo. I would bet that nearly all of us have multiple guns. So if there is this new ban or whatever what would buying more guns really do. You can only shoot one gun at a time but you can quickly run out of ammo.

Just to be clear on my view I don't think anything will really change at all no matter who is elected. The gun community is much larger than most realize. It is a very powerful group. There are more democrats with guns than most think. They just don't brag or tell each other about them. But as soon as they have to really give them up they will change.

Just my :twocents:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    My real question is why do we really care about the gun prices shouldn't you really be worried about ammo. I would bet that nearly all of us have multiple guns. So if there is this new ban or whatever what would buying more guns really do. You can only shoot one gun at a time but you can quickly run out of ammo.

Very unlikly, I'm sure I have more than a lifetime supply.

Top Bottom