• ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Do a group buy on bulk bullets!

And, by bulk, I mean 30k 180gr. .40 bullets.

Each of the 12 flat rate boxes contain 2.5k, and weigh 70lbs. (Thats 840lbs of bullets. lol)

I received the first 3 boxes yesterday, each box was placed in a plastic USPS bin with the carry handles, I imagine this is for ease of carry.

I think I might give the carrier a small monetary tip for their trouble, I know it must be a total PIA to get these to my porch.

ETA: Three more boxes just arrived, and, yep, the postal carrier is not happy. I made matters worse when I told him I am expecting 6 more of the same packages!

Last edited:

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    Yes, that would be around 5.4 million grains which should be around 770 lbs according to Google. They will not like that very much. You really shouldn't put all of them in most cars and would push the limits of a small truck!

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I bought a couple K 45 bullets and when the (female) carrier brought them to the door I happened to be there. She asked "What the heck is in there?", I said bullets and that got me a look that could freeze a pot of hot chili.

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    Christmas gift card is a great idea. Had bulk bullets delivered as well as a turbo 400 race trans that was about 140#. Made sure I was home to help. Still was not pleased.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've got 1,000 rds of .45ACP enroute right now. Its still better/lighter than the lift kid I had delivered once years ago. The leaf springs were kicking that girl's butt until I saw her in the drive and helped out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I hate it when companies mistreat their employees like that. Maybe they could have a truck for heavy loads, and have 2 workers..

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I had ordered twice now .223 bullets from Midway in a USPS flat rate box, wt.> 50 lbs. per box. I have a big mailbox, and that's where he put em. Those were the good old days. Now, it's difficult to find cheap 55Gr .223 bullets at Midway, and the mailman delivers my packages somewhere else.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My UPS driver is way over me after a T5 transmission, a 1000ft spool of RG8 coax, another 1000ft spool of 30 conductor UTP, several microwave signal generators, a Diacro punch that nearly did me in, etc. I asked him, and apparently they won't put a limit on the weight anymore. I don't think he minds 1000 5.56s.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I don't have much problem helping someone out and some of the packages exceed what I consider a safe range for a normal person. But when someone can't lift a 30lb box they shouldn't be delivering any longer. It's part of their job duties. With that said, I have ordered quite a bit of ammo and it's always been shipped UPS. I get along with and talk with my driver who is also a gun owner, I help because it is courteous to do so.

If they can't lift it, then it shouldn't be delivered and should receive a call or note in the box if it is a shippers overweight packing. If its because they are weak and/or lazy then let them suffer until you feel like helping them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You guys sure buy a lot of heavy things online. We mainly get teeny tiny Lacey things delivered from VS and Frederick's. Our mailman is all smiles and winks and hangs out longer than he should. Maybe I should setup the next group buy...

Supersport

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Lafayette
    I could see giving them something for there troubles and making sure they know that your thankful for their services but..it is kinda there job and you did have to pay some sort of shipping....

Top Bottom