• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I visited the Indy Shooting Range (Post Rd.) for the first time today.

I just went to put some rounds through a new pistol and the staff was quick to set me up. (No complaints there) I was perturbed by the people in the range tho. There was very little gun safety and I felt uncomfortable.. I shot about 40 rounds and packed up. I know there's only 5-6 lanes, and having an RO would be overkill but the people in the lanes next to me were down right dangerous..

Example: This guy would fire through his magazine, and then without checking or dropping the mag he would press the side of his weapon against his wife to 'see how hot it was'.. All whilst flailing his pistol around with a magazine in and the rack forward. The people to the other side of me weren't much better.. I didn't want to spend any more time in there than I did..

gklatv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    I also concur with the choice of ITP and Eagle Creek Park ranges.
    Both would be highly recommended, and not at all expensive for a shooting session.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Another option will be opening soon. Beech Grove Firearms' range is in the final stages or construction and they are hoping to open in early December.

Top Bottom