Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    high-tech-security-shotgun-jpg_233442.jpg

Need to protect your home? Try the Shotgun Shell Weapon! :rolleyes:
    Billionaire security: ultimate protection measures - Yahoo! Homes

Some security firm for the ultra rick came up with this device. The pic shows the back of it. Basically it's a plate that gets installed into the wall or ceiling and have various tubes that hold a single SG shell. You can fire the shells remotely. So you line your hallway with these plates and ceiling before you get to your safe room. When the BG try to come into the hallway... :whistle:

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    They stole the idea from Indiana Jones, and then upgraded it to make it harder to run thru. Perps better be SURE they get the right amount of sand in the bag when swapping the Idle.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wouldn't that be a booby trap and illegal?

It's not automatic like a booby trap, you have to activate it....so I would think its good to go, but ready I :dunno:

^This! Plus we are talking about the super uber rich here. You think the police is going to get involved in trying to ID the BG and/or prosecture the house owner? yyyeeeeaaaahhhhhh right! :faint:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Booby traps aren't always illegal, but if you get an innocent person you will be charged with a crime, and regardless they incur a huge civil liability. It's not a booby trap though, since it requires a person to activate it against another person. What *I* want to know is if it was used in the US would it be an NFA weapon since those pipes didn't look long enough to be non-NFA.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I would feel VERY uneasy walking down a hallway lined with these. Nothing like pointing a WALL of loaded firearms at yourself on a daily basis.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i agree with the above post about not wanting to walk down a hallway with loaded weapons pointed at me all the time. Also the only thing keeping it from going bang is the hope of no faulty wiring....no thanks. ill pass on that.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I wonder if they also have mousetraps set out? I wouldn't want a pesky rodent chewing the insulation off of wires and causing a short circuit. Just saying :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I would feel VERY uneasy walking down a hallway lined with these. Nothing like pointing a WALL of loaded firearms at yourself on a daily basis.

What if it were hidden behind the drywall? :dunno:

Seriously though, good point, and good point about the possibility of violating NFA rules.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    IC 35-47.5-2-2
    "Booby trap"
    Sec. 2. "Booby trap" means a device meant to cause death or bodily injury by:
    (1) hiding the device; or
    (2) activating the device by trip wires, switches, antidisturbance, or other remote means.

Seems like "other remote means" would cover this particular set up.

IC 35-47.5-5-10
    Deploying a booby trap
    Sec. 10. A person who knowingly or intentionally deploys a booby trap commits a Class D felony.

Besides the obvious firearms safety rule breaking going on here. Would you walk in front of an electrically primed Claymore on a daily basis? There's a reason it says "front towards enemy". Electrical primed is hinky, never know when the electrical gremlins will set it off.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Booby traps aren't always illegal,

They are if they are designed to injure or kill. You could do the Family Guy trap them in a box with a trail of candy, though.

I'm here to burglarize you and steal all...oh a piece of candy, oh a piece of candy, oh a piece of candy, oh a piece of candy, oh a piece of candy, oh a piece of candy, oh a piece of candy, oh a piece of candy, oh a piece of candy, oh a piece of candy, SNAP, he's in the box.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'd think you would rig it so the wires were not connected to any power source until you were in the safe room and threw a contact over to complete the circuit. Then you could fire each individually if you chose, or all at once. But there would be no daily danger, as the wires to the shells wouldn't be live until connected.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd think you would rig it so the wires were not connected to any power source until you were in the safe room and threw a contact over to complete the circuit. Then you could fire each individually if you chose, or all at once. But there would be no daily danger, as the wires to the shells wouldn't be live until connected.

I did demolitions in the Army. The problem with electrical detonation systems is they can be set off by interference from electro-magnetic waves. Remember back in the day when you'd see road signs reading "blasting in progress, turn off CB radios"? That's why. If you want to wire something and leave it for a long time, you use shock tube or time fuse and det cord, not electrical.

Static electricity build up, spark from friction, bursts of radio energy, they can all make electrical detonation go boom before you don't want it to go boom.

Now what you COULD do is use a electronic detonator. That's different than an electric detonator. An electronic system has a micro-processor hooked to a capacitor right at the blasting cap/initiation device and the electronic detonator sends a special digital code to it to make it go off. That's what the majority of civilian demolition and blasting crews use now, or shock tubing. Its a lot less prone to interference as instead of just a random burst of electricity it needs a specific code to detonate. Its not perfect, but its about the best I'm currently aware of.

Top Bottom