Monday is a big day for me (I cant wait)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Monday Is the day my beloved shooting range gets set back up. Its been months since Ive shot much past 500 yards. I' like a kid waiting on christmas morning. So im crusing ingo reliving some old threads

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/202792-range_report_going_the_distance.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tance_shooting_with_42769vette_and_que-2.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-choosing_the_right_scope_for_your_rifle.html

There are atleast 5 or 6 Im missing including INGO events wich are always a blast, but this is atleast a reminder of how much fun is in store over the winter.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Time for a video!

Agreed, Im not realy good on video. I get so many things running threw my head and trying to get ou before I move on I end up getting to in depth, and talking fast and jumping around (I do the same thing in real life).

I guess thats the + side of absolutly loving what you do and what your talking about.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Awesome. I always enjoy reading the long distance threads. After shooting at an Appleseed I have even more of a desire to try out some real long distance.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I agree... a new video is absolutely required.

And there is nothing at all wrong about being passionate about your hobby!

Especially when that someone has as much awesome quality information to impart to the rest of us as you do.:ingo:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Awesome. I always enjoy reading the long distance threads. After shooting at an Appleseed I have even more of a desire to try out some real long distance.

I guess you will have to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and attend a long range applesead. Ill be hosting one somtime before march so keep you eyes open.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I guess you will have to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and attend a long range applesead. Ill be hosting one somtime before march so keep you eyes open.
    OOOOOOO You definitely have to let us all know when... I'm in... for sure...

I typically think of myself as a pretty good shooter at long range but I've never laid down beside anybody else and/or shot competition. And I still struggle with reading wind-changes on the go (is that something that will be touched upon?). But I'd still love to go...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    . And I still struggle with reading wind-changes on the go (is that something that will be touched upon?).

Your guess is as good as mine. Im a student at this one just like everyone else. Ive never seen or dont applesead. Im very excited to learn shooting sling supported, but as far as instruction I'm sitting this one out and just there to learn.

If wind reading is not covered I guess you will just have to come out for a INGO shoot somtime.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    :rockwoot: I will most definitely keep an eye out. What kind of distances? Would iron sights be sufficient?

Again not my call. Basically I sat on my couch complaining that I could never attend a applesead due to the locations. I finally talked to them and they said they would love to have one in my area if they could find a range to support their needs. I brain stormed for a few days trying to think of a range that would give them control and then a light bulb came on and I realized "The easiest way to make sure Applesead comes to my area so I can attend is to have it in my back yard". I emailed yellowhousejake and told him I found a range, he came out last year and looked the place over and said it would work great, and I turned over control to them. The only thing I will say is they have insurance related limitations that I dont so Im fairly certain they will not use the full range, but just from talking to them I think 500-600 yards will be useable

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    Very jealous! That looks like a blast. My father picked up the Remington 700 ADT in .308 for a steal from Dicks and we're trying to get into some long range shooting. The problem with such is the lack of long distance ranges! We've also looked into the CIHPRS stuff but it doesn't seem too applicable to beginners.

We are both a decent shot but need some coaching and practice. Both of us noticed the difficulty in 'slowing down' and breathing and could use some resources related to those topics.

Do you have any suggestions for 300+ yard ranges in Indiana? Any insight into long range shooting is much appreciated.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    We've also looked into the CIHPRS stuff but it doesn't seem too applicable to beginners.

That is a great organization for beginners. You will be amazed at how helpfull the vets are to new folks. I would probably start there if I didnt have a range in my yard.

YOur other option is to watch out for ingo shoots at my place. Durring these shots myself or another experinaced member is usually within a few feet offering advise.

Top Bottom