• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I see mention of a bunch of clubs here and there but no one has mentioned Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club outside of Pendleton. It's a great club with covered ranges at 7-100 yds, trap, archery walk and lots of NRA classes. I wonder why it's not been mentioned as far as I've seen.

Lep36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    North side
    I just found out about them from some friends. Planning on checking them out pretty quick. Seems like a good venue. If you have been there, how about a quick review...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Good bunch of boys at Fall Creek. I was never a member but would shoot some matches with them, and was always treated very well. I have not been there in 10 years. I wonder if Bob still runs the rifle matches?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've shot trap there regularly but not a member...yet. They are very friendly and I have never had a bad experience there. I'm interested to see what they allow down on the rifle/pistol range, if they don't have caliber restrictions (.223 etc) like MCFG then i'm probably in.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am a member there. They have done extensive work to the property this summer, extending the line covering all the way down to the pistol range. They have also redone the target lines to include new concrete walkpaths and baffels. There is also talk and some indication of a 200yd rifle range in the near future. Typical range restrictions, no fast firing, no shotguns on the range (they make a few exceptions and have a place to sight in deer guns and such as the season gets close). No steel targets, only the target stands provided and paper targets. Most calibers accepted, I can't remember if there is a restriction on 50bmg, I think that there is, though. I have shot everything from .22 pistols, to .308 there.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club outside of Pendleton. It's a great club

We have great members of ISRPA from Fall Creek Valley. They are always first to volunteer at our booth at the gun shows in Indianapolis.

ISRPA had our Board of Directors meeting this Spring at your club. It is a very nice facility (kind of surprised me with it being in the "middle" of a neighborhood) and we thank you for your support.

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    I have been there three times as a guest.
    very nice place, a friend is a member.
    we have sighted in glass on an ar-10 there, same day broke in a m1a in the 100 yard range, both on the tables with a rest.
    his girl and daughter shoot their AKs there and i have shot some of my ARs there kind of just having fun with those.
    also have shot my lever .35 rem marlin xlr there.
    that's the range that made me really like the .35 rem round.
    it goes pretty strait out to 100 yards, made me keep the marlin.
    everyone there was very nice and friendly.
    if you guys get a chance, check it out, it is nice.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Good bunch of boys at Fall Creek. I was never a member but would shoot some matches with them, and was always treated very well. I have not been there in 10 years. I wonder if Bob still runs the rifle matches?
    I'm not sure but I think he does. I do know that he's involved in all the hunter safety classes. You can get information on the club by going to FCVCC.org.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm a member there and have been a LONG time. I've had a couple of experiences that have been escalated to the club pres but gotten no reply.

You can't shoot rifle/pistol when shotgunners are using the trap line. Understood.
    I checked the calendar and the voicemail for construction and there was a msg about a private shotgun shoot that kept the range closed until 4:30. I show up at 4:30 expecting to shoot and was told to leave. Wasted trip.

I've also recently been told by an RSO that since my daughter wasn't 18 (he never asked how old she was) that she was therefore my guest (we have a FAMILY membership) and since I'm only allowed one guest, I wasn't allowed to bring a second guest (a buddy came with us). The rules he mentioned are nowhere on the web site. I've never heard that a family member counted as a guest when we actually pay extra for a family membership. I'm heading back to next month's club meeting to get clarification and a copy of these rules.

[edit] I just opened a membership letter and there are no stipulations on family member ages or if they are considered guests.

Last edited:

Big D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Hancock County
    What are the going rates for a membership? It will consist of me and my girlfriend. We live in the Greenfield area and have been looking for a range that isn't to far away to shoot our pistols and rifles. Is it typically crowded or can you usually get a lane when you arrive? I have visited their website but it seems very outdated and there isn't a lot of information listed. Do they hold a lot of events that would prohibit us from casual shooting? The majority of our shooting would probably be on the weekends.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Looks like they shoot high powered rifles, check out the pics. There are AR-15 style rifles there. So .223 should be good. Can anyone confirm?

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    I'm a member there and have been a LONG time. I've had a couple of experiences that have been escalated to the club pres but gotten no reply.

You can't shoot rifle/pistol when shotgunners are using the trap line. Understood.
    I checked the calendar and the voicemail for construction and there was a msg about a private shotgun shoot that kept the range closed until 4:30. I show up at 4:30 expecting to shoot and was told to leave. Wasted trip.

I've also recently been told by an RSO that since my daughter wasn't 18 (he never asked how old she was) that she was therefore my guest (we have a FAMILY membership) and since I'm only allowed one guest, I wasn't allowed to bring a second guest (a buddy came with us). The rules he mentioned are nowhere on the web site. I've never heard that a family member counted as a guest when we actually pay extra for a family membership. I'm heading back to next month's club meeting to get clarification and a copy of these rules.

I used to be a member @ FCVCC. Nice facility, nice folks. However, I consistently had the same issue described here. Would make the 40 minute drive from the house to the range with my son only to find out that there was an event that wasn't on the schedule, that an event was running long, etc. so we couldn't use the range. When this happened to us four times in a row when we tried to go shoot, I dropped my membership and moved to another range.

If you live close and can be flexible with all the schedule challenges, it is a nice facility.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    What are the going rates for a membership? It will consist of me and my girlfriend. We live in the Greenfield area and have been looking for a range that isn't to far away to shoot our pistols and rifles. Is it typically crowded or can you usually get a lane when you arrive? I have visited their website but it seems very outdated and there isn't a lot of information listed. Do they hold a lot of events that would prohibit us from casual shooting? The majority of our shooting would probably be on the weekends.

When I joined a year ago, I believe it was $50 to join + $50 for yearly dues + $10 for the electronic gate card.

As for getting a lane, I have had to wait a few minutes on a couple of really nice Saturdays. Other than than that, I can usually move freely between the pistol and rifle lanes.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Looks like they shoot high powered rifles, check out the pics. There are AR-15 style rifles there. So .223 should be good. Can anyone confirm?

Confirmed!

You can shoot anything under 50BMG. I have shot 7.62x54, 7.62x39, .308, and .223 there. They do prohibit "armor piercing" rounds, which they translate as anything that attracts a magnet. They also prohibit shot shells on the rifle/pistol range.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I used to be a member @ FCVCC. Nice facility, nice folks. However, I consistently had the same issue described here. Would make the 40 minute drive from the house to the range with my son only to find out that there was an event that wasn't on the schedule, that an event was running long, etc. so we couldn't use the range. When this happened to us four times in a row when we tried to go shoot, I dropped my membership and moved to another range.

If you live close and can be flexible with all the schedule challenges, it is a nice facility.

That's been my experience as well. Very nice place, but it's 45 minutes either way for me to go there or go to Atterbury. Given that every time I *can* go there, it's closed for an event or a class, I find myself going south most times. I think it's a great outfit, but it doesn't really fit my schedule too well.

Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    I live in the Geist area and had no clue this place even existed. If it's still half way reasonable membership costs, I will definitely check it out because it's pretty close to me.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I belonged there for a few years. Mostly shot pistol, some 5.56, 30.06/etc. As mentioned above, it got annoying that the range was closed what seemed like the majority of the week for "events". I would show up to shoot pistol after the shotgunners were supposed to be done and they'd run one hour over. Other times, groups would come in and take over the place having their own "shoot" without it being on the schedule and I'd have to leave. It would be nice if a place opened that the ranges were open all the time and had other set areas for that type of shooting. My schedule is hectic and when I have time to shoot, that is the only time I have to shoot.

I got kind of tired of it and decided after I moved back to Indiana that it wasn't worth rejoining.

Nice facilities, though. I just think that people not doing the organized shoots kind of get screwed most of the time.

Big D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Hancock County
    I can definitely see how that would be annoying. If and when I have time to shoot its almost always on a weekend. Any other facilities around the greenfield area that anyone recommends to shoot pistols and rifles? I still might check Fall Creek out but it seems the majority here are having the same issue.

Top Bottom