• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    http://www.heraldargus.com/articles/2012/12/06/news/local/doc50c0bad9ef450394589475.txt

Talked to an inside source tonight. Major cover up going on.

The pregnant woman was attacked, a jailer stepped in between, fell and landed on the pregnant girl. Another jailer showed up in time to tazer the pregnant girl, she was put back in her cell and ignored long enough that there was a pool of blood when help arrived.

Too many bad things happening in the laporte jail lately.

---EDIT--

Herald Argus > News > Local > Tased inmate disputes sheriff?s office story

Follow up, confirming everything I had been told.... Just sad, Jailer's were following procedure the tazing might have been excessive), perhaps procedure needs to change.

Last edited:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I think this might be ugly for the Taser company. A local lawfirm represents them in all their wrongful death suits, and has never lost. The DA's have never been able to prove that the Taser was the cause of death. This might be change that.

This is a tragedy, for sure, but I have little compassion for a mother that would put herself in this position. Also, we don't know what this mother was on, if anything. Time will tell.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Lesson one:
    Don't go to jail.

Haha, people use excuses like this for gun control, stating felons should never own guns.

They never bother to research what can be used to put a felony on someone's record, or respect the fact that in the future some politician could enact a law that would make you a felon for any current activities.

It goes the same way for going to jail.

You can go to jail for many things that aren't even offenses, but just because the LEO didn't know the law and decided to have you spend some time in jail while someone else worries with it.

Please try to remember issues like this in the future.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    She was in for parole violation. I don't care the reason, they couldn't find a better way to handle a 140lb woman other than tazing her?

At least she'll never have to work again. And it'll be on our dime.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Haha, people use excuses like this for gun control, stating felons should never own guns.

They never bother to research what can be used to put a felony on someone's record, or respect the fact that in the future some politician could enact a law that would make you a felon for any current activities.

You can go to jail for many things that aren't even offenses, but just because the LEO didn't know the law and decided to have you spend some time in jail while someone else worries with it.

Please don't lecture me buddy.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Chill. Not going to jail is good advice. Don't read too much into a one line statement. It's damn good advice.

Lesson two: don't get in fights in jail.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville

someone kindly research and tell us why this woman was in jail. people are in jail for a reason. really. as much as they say 'I DIDN"T DO IT' chances are they did it. just another leech on my paycheck.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sooo... she gets knocked to the ground in a physical fight with another inmate. Then a jail deputy falls on top of her. Unknown medical history, unknown drug use history, unknown history of past pregnancies resulting in miscarriage, Yet we're blaming the Tazer? I guess it makes a more interesting headline.

Many, many, years ago I was an EMT, back when we did manual defibrillation. When you actually had to learn to read heart rhythms and determine if a shock was needed, set your own power levels, and apply paddles. Did you know you can defibrillate a pregnant woman? That's a lot more electricity than a Tazer because it has to push deep into the tissue to get to the heart. Yet it passes paddle to paddle, and doesn't effect the fetus in the womb. A Tazer is the same, but much less electricity, and runs needle to needle just under the skin.

There may or may not be something hinky going on there, but blaming the Tazer defies physics and biology.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Causing the death of an unborn child is a murder charge in an number of states (not sure about Indiana) under most circumstances other than abortion. It will be interesting to see how this works out. Then there is the possibility of a lawsuit over the loss, which it seems should be a slam-dunk.

Having worked in correction, I walked away satisfied that 80% of the staff and 80% of the inmates are 100% interchangeable.

Tombs is absolutely correct that it doesn't take much to go to jail. On the right day, contempt of cop will get the job done, absence of any law against it notwithstanding.

I have also noticed that a taser in the hands of a reasonable officer can be a very useful tool and can be a dangerous instrument in the hands of some stupid, lazy MFSB that doesn't want to get his hands dirty.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would like to make a point of reminding everyone that the days in which following the Ten Commandments and paying your taxes would keep you in a state that you would never have to concern yourself with being on the wrong end of the law (i.e., if you get in trouble, it is not an honest mistake, and conversely, an honest mistake will not put you in the position of any reasonable fear of getting in legal trouble). Those days are as far gone as buying guns and dynamite at the hardware store without any paperwork. It is easy to be sanctimonious until it strikes close to home. The .gov is a very long way out of hand. I am not saying that dangerous people should not be segregated from society, but the definition of dangerous has become far more political and procedural in nature.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sooo... she gets knocked to the ground in a physical fight with another inmate. Then a jail deputy falls on top of her. Unknown medical history, unknown drug use history, unknown history of past pregnancies resulting in miscarriage, Yet we're blaming the Tazer? I guess it makes a more interesting headline.

Many, many, years ago I was an EMT, back when we did manual defibrillation. When you actually had to learn to read heart rhythms and determine if a shock was needed, set your own power levels, and apply paddles. Did you know you can defibrillate a pregnant woman? That's a lot more electricity than a Tazer because it has to push deep into the tissue to get to the heart. Yet it passes paddle to paddle, and doesn't effect the fetus in the womb. A Tazer is the same, but much less electricity, and runs needle to needle just under the skin.

There may or may not be something hinky going on there, but blaming the Tazer defies physics and biology.

How dare you bring fact and logic into an INGO thread!

As far as who to "pin" any charges on in the death of the baby, perhaps the other inmate who attacked the pregnant woman?

(Also, did the jail know that this woman was pregnant?)

-J-

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Causing the death of an unborn child is a murder charge in an number of states (not sure about Indiana) under most circumstances other than abortion.

In Indiana, if you intentionally inflict injury on someone and it causes them to lose a fetus, its a "B" felony aggravated battery. This was a result of the bank robber who shot the pregnant teller, causing her to lose her unborn child, and there were no extra charges that could be filed against him. The legislation passed the "B" felony in response to the public outcry.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pregnant woman was a parolee? Meaning she was a felon, and that she was also in prison. Apparently she did something that was sending her back to jail.
    Apparently, she knew she was pregnant, and yet decides to get in a physical altercation. Jail deputy see fight, and rather than tasing them outright, he/she steps in-between two actively fighting people. Apparently this isn't enough to stop the women from fighting, and in the tussle he falls over, on to the pregnant still fighting woman. Another jail deputy arrives and deploys the taser, and we're blaming who?

This that could have helped in avoiding this:
    -Not committing a felony
    -After being paroled, abiding by its conditions so you don't get sent back
    -Not fighting in jail
    -Not continuing to fight when a jail deputy steps between you and the other combatant

Edit: WHOA nelly, did anyone actually read the article? The jail deputy didn't fall, he was "taken to the ground." That a huge difference, and after being taken down the pregnant inmate was appartly holding down the deputy. After she failed to release the deputy (and after being given verbal commands), the taser was deployed.

And, after reading the article, the woman was on probation, not parole (also makes a difference)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Herald Argus > News > Local > Jail inmate miscarries

Talked to an inside source tonight. Major cover up going on.

The pregnant woman was attacked, a jailer stepped in between, fell and landed on the pregnant girl. Another jailer showed up in time to tazer the pregnant girl, she was put back in her cell and ignored long enough that there was a pool of blood when help arrived.

Too many bad things happening in the laporte jail lately.

You are the new king of hyperbole and disinformation. Where the heck did you get the whole "put back in her cell and ignored long enough that there was a pool of blood when help arrived?"

The article states:
    Deploying the Taser de-escalated the incident, causing the inmate to release the jail deputy.
    Because the inmate was pregnant, she was transported to IU Health La Porte Hospital for a precautionary evaluation.

:n00b:

Top Bottom