• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    im not talking about actual indoor ranges, i mean more like something i could set up inside my home, maybe down my hall.
    running thru drills and general accuracy things. fundamentals that could be done without live rounds.
    pellet trap maybe? airsoft? ive had both and they were horribly inaccurate.

any suggestions?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Guess it kinda depends on how "real" you're looking for - most of the fundamentals can be practiced with dry fire activities, including drawing, aiming, trigger control and so on.

I've thought about the laser trainers (not the cheap ones, there are some pretty excellent models out there) for house clearing and things like that. There is a laser sender in your firearm and a receiving "target" that lights up when hit or something. Obviously laser accurate - Laserlyte makes some target units and laser senders as well. All in all, you're gonna be out a couple hundred bucks plus batteries and stuff as you go, but that'd be one option for you to look at, plus you get the ability to train with your own gun..

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    One of the best pistol competitors at our club says he uses snap caps, and practices shooting at the tv screen all evening.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    For many years I had a pellet trap on my livingroom wall above the sofa. I also had an angle eyepiece spotting scope screwed to the wall in my hallway, a measured 10 meters from the target. A Feinworkbau 600 match pellet rifle was kept leaning against the wall. Before I even put pants on in the morning I would shoot offhand, just like I was shooting for a match. Slow, deliberate, paying attention to every breath and movement. That is how I took my 200 yard offhand scores from 75 percent to 95 percent. Of course if you are married, that will be much harder to do.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    I have a spring-powered bb pistol that I shoot at a VERY small silhouette paper target stuck in a bb trap. I use it mostly for strenthening my "both-eyes-open" shooting. I also have some resettable targets in the garage that I shoot with my pellet pistol, again, both eyes open. I don't have a semi-auto, so no rapid fire or anything, just quick target acquisition and aiming with two eyes.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I have a Crosman CO2 BB pistol to shoot at targets in my apartment. Also, I can use my Crosman M4-177, pump-action pellet gun for rifle training indoors. I have a target I can set 25 feet away in the other room. It's a good, and inexpensive, way to practice when you can't go to the range. After I get done with 50 shots on my target, I set up five bottle caps from soda bottles, and pick them off one-by-one.

Top Bottom