• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I managed to read two entire news articles involving everyone's favorite evil unicorn slaying rifles the AK47 and AR15, without a single mention of the word assault in either article. Granted they were both from NBC I'm hoping that this is the begging of a new trend. I know that both of these articles have been posted every hour on the hour for the past couple days, but still take a gander and tell me that you aren't amazed.

Here's 1
    Ala. police kill suspects after separate shootings - Local News - Indianapolis, IN | NBC News

here's 2 Police: Oregon Mall Shooter Used Stolen Rifle - Local News - Columbus, OH | NBC News

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The reason that they're using the term semi-automatic rifle is that they want to push for a ban on all semi-automatic guns, not just AK's and AR's.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The reason that they're using the term semi-automatic rifle is that they want to push for a ban on all semi-automatic guns, not just AK's and AR's.

Exactly. No benign motive. They just don't want to limit themselves.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

My 7616P is looking like a good addition to my safe;

DGG_7894pw.jpg

:D

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    The reason that they're using the term semi-automatic rifle is that they want
    to push for a ban on all semi-automatic guns, not just AK's and AR's.

While they are at it, they should take a hard look at those revolvers as well. I've seen some pretty quick shooters on those as well, that would rival any semi auto shooter out there...

Give me a break, the gun is not the issue, it is the moron behind it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    While they are at it, they should take a hard look at those revolvers as well. I've seen some pretty quick shooters on those as well, that would rival any semi auto shooter out there...

I demand a ban on Jerry Miculeks. Just too fast.:D
    images

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've heard a new phrase being used by the network reporters this time. In addition to the phrase assault guns, they've been adding the phrase "warlike guns" when referring to the assault rifles. I had not heard that used in the past.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I've heard a new phrase being used by the network reporters this time. In addition to the phrase assault guns, they've been adding the phrase "warlike guns" when referring to the assault rifles. I had not heard that used in the past.

No big surprise. Having spent a decade demonizing war, it is a shorter stretch of the imagination for the sheep to demonize things with 'war' attached to them. 'Assault' has been thrown around long enough to lose some of its thunder, and besides that, it is two syllables, therefore requiring a little more brainpower from the sheep.

Top Bottom