• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    What the press seems to forget is that it took some fertilizer and a rental truck to kill 168 innocents in Oklahoma City...that statistic includes 3 pregnant women and 19 children who were in day care that day.

They also seem to forget that the terrorists on 9/11 were armed with plane tickets and box cutters when they killed nearly 3000 innocent victims.

We don't hear anything about fertilizer, truck, boxcutter, or plane ticket control.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    History to repeat itself.

^^^Is a good link.

As long as we are a FREE society this WILL go on.

THE question is: Do we really want our FREEDOM, or do we want to be controlled by a Government/Police State??Bill.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It is not a good link, asides from pointing out that the quantity of mass shootings hasn't increased. At the end it speaks of the Brady campaign, which makes it a bad link IMO. I almost thought we had another troll trying to teach us "the truth".

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    ^^^Is a good link.

As long as we are a FREE society this WILL go on.

THE question is: Do we really want our FREEDOM, or do we want to be controlled by a Government/Police State??Bill.

This will happen no matter if we have "Freedom" or not. The tools maybe different, but the results the same. Take a look at other less free countries that have this sort of thing happen as an example.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    It is not a good link, asides from pointing out that the quantity of mass shootings hasn't increased. At the end it speaks of the Brady campaign, which makes it a bad link IMO. I almost thought we had another troll trying to teach us "the truth".

You're right Net...I missed the "Brady Bunch" part of the link.
    The history repeating itself is what struck me..Bill.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Emotions, not facts will rule. There will be draconian gun bans. The majority of people, including many gun owners want them. The voters have elected officials that have wanted gun bans all along. Gun owners aren't a powerful enough force to stop new anti-gun legislation. As seen on this site, most gun owners won't even join an organization supporting their second amendment rights. I don't mean to seem like a "Debbie Downer", but we should expect the inevitable.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    I have been reading al over about the US needing strict gun laws like Australia. Looking into their 1996 laws, they started with a Mandatory buyback program that cost $500 million and resulted in the destruction of 600k guns. Based on that math of $833 per gun is would cost the American people $2,415,700,000,000. Now I think that might be an issue.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have been reading al over about the US needing strict gun laws like Australia. Looking into their 1996 laws, they started with a Mandatory buyback program that cost $500 million and resulted in the destruction of 600k guns. Based on that math of $833 per gun is would cost the American people $2,415,700,000,000. Now I think that might be an issue.
    For those interested in the effectiveness of the gun buyback program in Australia - here are the statistics - doesn't look like it had any beneficial effect. Results of the '96 Australian Gun Laws (updated 2009) (GunsAndCrime.org)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I ache for the victims of this latest tragedy, but the facts are that these instances are rare and violent crime has been on the decline for many years. Unfortunately emotion, and not facts or common sense will rule. We will end up with our rights being infringed.

Lakeman62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Syracuse area
    Not sure its true but I was told today that the last 4 school shooting were done by kids that were on anti-depressents. Maybe we should spend some time looking at ths if it check out to be true.

Top Bottom