• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    The father of a columbine victim Rachel Scott puts a tragedy in true perspective.

Link to his full speech:
    DARRELL SCOTT'S SPEECH TO CONGRESS?

The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA.

I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA — because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    he was mostly ignored when he said it the first time, and people forgotten him. If he was calling for heads, then he would be getting press. Look at all the Gold Star mothers we have from the War on Terror, never hear much on any of them, other then Cindy Sheehan (might be spelled wrong), and wow, lately, havent heard anything on her. Must have stopped calling for people's heads.

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    agreed, moving speech. From a day, when common sense existed. the media today is only interested in driving the emotional issues...with hyperbole. The facts, while interesting, have little to do with this "crisis". .....and we can NOT ever let a good crisis go to waste.

Top Bottom