• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm amazed at how quickly the press has forgotten that it was Janet Reno, Bill Clinton, and our Government that burned down the compound in Waco, Texas as they attempted to save the women and children. A lot of people died that day, unnecessarily.

The leader of that cult group may have been in the wrong, right from the start but, killing all of those innocent women and children can never be justified.

Our goverment representatives take forever to determine how to spend trillions of dollars, surely they could have waited out one man at Waco.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Waco was a screwed up mess on so many levels. I have no simpathy for the cult leadership, but the ATF and Justice Dept are to blame for this tragedy.

There were accusations repeated by assorted media outlets, but I don't recall evidence of wrong-doing having been collected. I can't say that those were people with whom I would care to get acquainted, but there is no law against being strange. I would hate to think it would ever be accepted for citizens to get barbecued for failing to be happy little sheep.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    There were accusations repeated by assorted media outlets, but I don't recall evidence of wrong-doing having been collected. I can't say that those were people with whom I would care to get acquainted, but there is no law against being strange. I would hate to think it would ever be accepted for citizens to get barbecued for failing to be happy little sheep.

It was collected, it just never made it to trial. For example: the front door disappeared once the feds had it.

Also, if you read the Waco Report that congress put out, there is a quote from Reno that stated that anytime one of the residents tried to come out during the siege, the feds through a grenade at them. That apparently was about the same time that Reno said in a press conference "we don't know WHY they won't come out."

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Got to catch this today:

fbi and atf are the scum of scum.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I watched that piece of ****. It tried really hard to paint the dead ATF agents as the victims in that fiasco.
    Victims of their leadership and the decision made prior and on that day is how I see it.

I am not LE nor a tactical expert or even a Holiday Inn user but there had to be 1000 better ways to handle that situation.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've heard for years that Koresh walked the perimeter of the "compound" every day, they could have snatched him during any of those times......But I can see where introducing a gas to a closed environment, and setting off explosives would work too..........

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I remember when this was going on. At the same time there was a prison riot in Ohio, I think it was. They were so happy and proud they resolved the prison riot without bloodshed. That always stuck with me. It's ok to slaughter a bunch of cult members, but glad those rioting prisoners doid not get hurt.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Watching the new doc on Netflix. “We are in the process of placing tear gas into the building. This is not an assault”. That’s a wild statement to make with tanks rolling up towards your home.

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    I watched it unfold on T.V. 30 years ago. I also watched Netflix's version of it a several days ago which had more detail and coverage from people that were there.

Its very interesting, that Trump held a rally on the 30th anniversary at Waco on Saturday. The Trump campaign says the timing of the rally in Waco is "purely coincidental" but his critics are not convinced.

Genius or coincidence?

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I've heard for years that Koresh walked the perimeter of the "compound" every day, they could have snatched him during any of those times......But I can see where introducing a gas to a closed environment, and setting off explosives would work too..........

My memory can be faulty but some things tend to stick in my head. I do remember this happening and IIRC Koresh would also go into town on a regular basis. If so he could have been picked up without any problems. Jim.

Top Bottom