• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I never really understood why the NRA had not pushed back harder on this point of definition by flooding the airwaves in order to educate.

I am concerned that the generations that have grown while being exposed to the term "assault weapon" will understand them to be as the pols would have it.

It is still fairly common to hear the words assault weapon, automatic and machine gun used to describe the same firearm.

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Ya that is a great link. If the dumb media is going to be throwing around the term "assault weapon" they need to tell the nieve people of America what the real definition is.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Glad I used the search function... I was just about to post this up. My good friend an LEO in VA had just posted it to his FB page. Great read and great info.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I just read a blog post about this very subject and I can't find it to save my life. Basically Conservatives are tied to logic and Liberals are tied to emotion. Neither understand each other because they are fundamentally different with how they think.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I just read a blog post about this very subject and I can't find it to save my life. Basically Conservatives are tied to logic and Liberals are tied to emotion. Neither understand each other because they are fundamentally different with how they think.

That's not exactly true, they reverse the roles often. There are certain topics that conservatives go to emotion on in a heartbeat, and some topics liberals are willing to do logic on.

The problem is that when one switches poles, the other does too so they are rarely ever in the same state at the same time.

Except when in fear. At that moment they often will both go emotional and start passing new laws.

That's when it gets really scary for everyone.

The hope is that we have bought enough time for some of our elected officials to clear their heads and get enough of a pause that they can think again.

We need them thinking.

No matter which party.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    That's not exactly true, they reverse the roles often. There are certain topics that conservatives go to emotion on in a heartbeat, and some topics liberals are willing to do logic on.

The problem is that when one switches poles, the other does too so they are rarely ever in the same state at the same time.

Except when in fear. At that moment they often will both go emotional and start passing new laws.

That's when it gets really scary for everyone.

The hope is that we have bought enough time for some of our elected officials to clear their heads and get enough of a pause that they can think again.

We need them thinking.

No matter which party.

You are correct. The blog entry I read was specifically pertaining to the current firearms excitement going on. Both sides seem to flip the emotion/logic switch to counter each other.

Weird thing is, I am about 50/50 liberal/conservative.

Top Bottom