Has your wife ever caught you with a gun she didn't know you had...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Has anyone else ever been caught by your wife (or husband) with a firearm they didn't know you purchased??

I'll tell my story, so a year or so ago I was wanting to pick up a nice plinker, something that would be both fun, and cheap to take out and shoot. After doing a great deal of research and looking at several different guns I decided to go with the Ruger SR22 with Crimson Trace Laser, which I just so happen to love! So I get the gun home, get everything set-up and put the gun in my bed-side dresser (my wife never goes in there), I put the box in my other dresser below a few pairs of pants. The box and gun stay in place (aside from range time) unnoticed for several months, in early November I had to go out of town for work, while rushing around to pack for my trip (because I always wait til the last minute to pack) I had moved a pair of pants that were covering the Ruger box in my dresser and forgot to put them back...

Fast forward through the weekend and I'm back home, the wife had decided to get caught up on some laundry while I was gone. We're standing in the kitchen talking and my wife said, "did you see that I did some of your laundry, folded it and put it away for you?", I said "thank you baby, you didn't have to do that", she said, "I don't mind, you were busy working all weekend and I wanted to make sure you had clean work clothes for work Monday".

I thanked her again and started walking out of the kitchen, when she said, "hey, I saw that box in your dresser!" I said, "what box?"

She said, "the gun box, did you buy a new gun again?"

Well, given the fact that we were so close to Christmas I figured instead of arguing about it, I would make her feel bad about accidentally finding her "Christmas Present" :D so I said "really? I can't believe you ruined your Christmas surprise?", she said "you got that for me?", I said "well yea, I knew that you had been talking about wanting to get your first gun and I wanted to surprise you!"....

She said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the surprise"...

Needless to say, I did actually plan on that particular gun being one for her to shoot, I just didn't plan on her finding it like that!

So, anyone else have a similar story? Let's hear it.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Every other gun I buy is for my wife. She now has 7. She has only shot 1; her carry gun.

LOL!

Op, that was a good story. Something like a gun, I'd have to come clean upon walking in the door. Sometimes like tools, parts, etc., I just find a spot for them in the garage and call it good. :)

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Or boat?

A friend in TN bought a $60K bass boat and didn't tell his wife until she decided to park her car in the garage a month later! She came in and asked "whose boat is that in the garage?". He said, "Oh. that's mine. I meant to tell you about that!". :D

karatejoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Greenwood
    I raised the money for my guns on side jobs . So she just looks at them with silence. She seems to complain when she finds my ammo stock. "why do you need bullets you dont shoot?" "I could empty that box out in 2 minutes if I needed to."

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    A couple of years ago I picked up a beautiful SKB over & under. I parked the car in the garage and crept into the house. The wife and my 2 sons are at home but upstairs. I go back to the car and pull the SKB out of the trunk. To get to the gun safe, I need to walk into the kitchen, thru the dining room, to the closet and get the safe open. Just as I get to the closet door I see my son standing in the doorway staring at me. By the look on his face, you would have thought he had just caught santa himself. I stopped and started to put my right index finger to my lips telling him to keep quiet. No such luck. In a very loud voice my son shouts "AWSOME DAD, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT SHOTGUN"!

Needless to say, my wife overheard the comment and found me sliding the SKB into the safe. BUSTED.

My wife can smell a new gun in the house. She doesn't need to see it. But fortunately, we have a good understanding and respect each others hobbies.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    She knows so little about guns and what I have it doesn't matter.
    I would have thought that she would have noticed when I bought the Ruger 22/45 LITE as it looks so unique with it's gold upper and all.
    NOPE.

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Nope. My stories go like this...

Me "I want to buy a new gun"
    Her "okay"

Man, I'm jealous!! However I have to admit, things are getting much better, she's starting to realize that I don't tend to spend much money and if guns are what I want, as long as I'm not sending us to he poor house she's fine with it!

dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Luckily my wife is not into guns at all and she only knows if its a handgun, rifle or shotgun. She also knows I have more than one of each. If she see me cleaning something and asks me about it I say "honey if had this one forever!!" :D

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I buy, build and trade several firearms a year. She has given up on trying to keep track.

My simple rule is; I try to get it home and into the gun safe, before she knows about it. That way, when she asks about a certain gun, I reply; "Why dear, I have had that one forever".

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Man, I'm jealous!! However I have to admit, things are getting much better, she's starting to realize that I don't tend to spend much money and if guns are what I want, as long as I'm not sending us to he poor house she's fine with it!

To be honest, it's when she gets the receipts that she freaks a little. For example...

Me "I'm buying a new Smith&Wesson M&P."
    Her "okay. $550 that's not bad... "
    Her "what's this for $350?"
    Me "my M&P"
    Her "I thought you bought it already"
    Me "I did, I sent the slide to be milled"
    Her "okay? "
    A few weeks later...
    Her "what's this for $550?"
    Me "my M&P"
    Her "you bought another one?"
    Me "no, I bought a Trijicon RMR to go on my M&P. That's why I had the millwork done on the slide. "
    Her "I'm so confused."
    Her "what's this for $125?"
    Me "my M&P."
    Her "what now?"
    Me "Apex kit for my M&P."
    Her "are you done?"
    Me "almost"
    Her "$175. Let me guess, M&P?"
    Me "Yup, exo coating on the slide"
    Her "are you done, now? "
    Me "yeah, but I'm thinking about getting another one and doing the same set up as a back up."
    Her "****"

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Just about any gun in my safe she does not know when I got them! She does know about my S&W M&P shield! She bought it for me!!:rockwoot::D

jkershner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    An unquiet solace
    Square footage is really at a premium in our house (expenses are kept tight too). We don't like having a lot of 'stuff' around...we like things a little spartan. As such, my wife and I have an agreement: I can have one pistol, one rifle, and one shotgun at a time. I want a new gun? I have to displace an old one. There is no place in the house for me to attempt the kind of deception you're talking about here.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    My wife doesn't keep track, she figures there are worse things I could do with my money and besides the initial, I keep it a "Relatively" self funded hobby. But one time she saw a Mossburg HD 500 in a movie and said I should get one of those. Took me three days to get one. I love my wife.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My ex caught me with a new 870 Wingmaster back in the '80s.
    The only thing she said was.."At least you're not wasting your money on prostitutes"
    So I gave up whores and bought more guns. I couldn't argue her logic. She made sense from a monitary standpoint.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    I had her fooled. I had a Kahr P9 and bought a Pm9. Until she 'accedentally ' saw them.together she didn't know. She said: Oh a little one!

Top Bottom