Any reports from Feb 2-3 small gun shows?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Anyone willing to post what they are seeing at the smaller shows this weekend? Is there anything significant available? Prices? Hows the jerkey at the smaller shows?

Help me out here, I overslept, its cold, and the roads are snow covered.:)

CAT 1000B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    I was at the Lafayette show last night. There was a decent selection of handguns, although there was not near as many as usual. There were very few Glocks, but I did see several XD, M&P, and Sig pistols. AR-15, ammo, and mag prices were all ridiculous, which is the new normal, at least for now. It was far from a great show, but I only drove a half hour so, for me, it was worth going to.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Just got back from Alex show. Horrid pricing, crowds are pretty bad (why do people think it's ok to stand in the MIDDLE of an isle to talk again?).

Examples: Bulgarian 7.62x54R 440ct spam cans for $215 (but WITH spoon!), several AR's for $1950 , "high capacity" Pmags, 5.56 or x51 - your choice $50, milsurp AK 30's for $45. $10 for 20ct x39, $18 for 20ct .223, 50 ct PMC .40 for $40.

Guns weren't priced too terrible (saw no deals though), accessories were killer though. Also the glass cleaning guys were there, hate people who yell at you to come over after you've indicated no and are trying to have a conversation :xmad:

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Elbowed my way through the crowd at the Tipton show this morning. Somehow I kept my panic buying in check and passed on a box of 500 CCI small pistol primers for $50 and the crappy steel cased .223 and 7.62x39 at $.70-$1 per round. I should have known better than to leave my warm house for this silliness.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The show in Lafayette was not bad. $5 admission. Ammo prices are high on .223, everything else was only a little more than last summer. There really was not any .22 rimfire to be found. I got a couple 1000 Large pistol Winchester primers for $39/1000. He didn't have any small rifle or small pistol primers. The AR and AK type rifles were getting pretty high price, but the regular bolt action, revolver, and old school semi autos were not too pricey. I was looking at a couple of muzzleloaders and both of the guy would deal, but I wanted a 50 cal.

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    went to the dinky friendship show and walked out with a new m&p.22 i have been wanting, i was suprise of the size of the crowd,with the road ice-snow covered.
    ar`s are still nuts,sks with a after market stock at 650.00 on one guys table,used gi mags 40 buck..lol..

CAT 1000B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    The only 9mm ammo I saw was hollow point ammo of various makes. There was quite a bit of it at reasonable prices but there was basically no range/target 9mm.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Back from the Lafayette show.

A few solid deals, one or two fantastic deals (a CZ75 and a Smith 64 that I drooled over).

Mags are high, ammo is silly and the black guns are still elevated.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Thanks for the updates on the Lafayette show. I will be in the area so I figure it is worth checking out.

Last edited:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Just got back from Tipton. I saw a few ARs that were VERY expensive. I saw a handful of AKs. I saw AR magazines from $30 but more commonly $50 each. Tapco AK mags were $30. I was looking for a .22LR but the only Marlin 795 was price almost $100 more than Dick's. The prices were generally sad. $400 for an M&P 22.

My wife got a lot of attention with our baby in her wrap.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I went to the Boonville show this AM. At first I thought I had stepped back into 1955.....Till I saw the prices. Mostly wood and blue steel. Saw a few AR clones and a couple AK's. All were in 4 figures. No deals at all.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Alexandria is a waste of time and money. In my opinion the only thing worth going for was the reloading stuff. The did have some good prices on powder and things like that but everything else was sky high.

I think once everything cools down in Washington, it will go back to normal. This isnt the first time this has happened and it wont be the last. Unless you have to have it hold out for a while.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I went to Lafayette earlier today and it was honestly my favorite show so far this year. Prices were as reported prior in this thread - but I thought they had a nice mix of things to look at and I walked out with a couple deals on accessory items I went to purchase and one impulse buy.

It wasn't as crowded as the 1500 or the Lebanon show earlier this year. But it was still pretty full. And as far as I know there weren't any ND as there was at the prior shows I attended. So that's a plus!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Tri-State Gun and Knife Show at the Armory in Evansville this afternoon. Place was packed and I mean packed with people.

Russian 7.62X39mm 20 round box for $10.

PMags for $30 - $40.

DPMS ARs for $1400.

Saw an M1903 tagged at $1100.

Couple of SMLE Enfields for $300 something. (I thought those might actually bring in more than that, but I haven't looked at values for those lately)

Remington Model 511X .22 bolt action for $600. (Maybe it was just my ignorance but I laughed when I saw that one.)

I didn't notice people buying massive quantities. Folks mostly looking.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Went to the Lafayette show. Every table was full. There was a nice variety. As far as the jerky, Shake's Jerky Steak was there. They've got their usual ten flavors of beef and turkey jerky as well as a new flavor they are testing. Gunslingers have a nice location in the K-Mart plaza. It is well-lit so you can see the guns, parking is easy, and it is a nice clean facility. They've got good food at reasonable prices, so you can afford to take the whole family, spend the day, and it won't break the piggy bank (depending on how many guns you buy while you're there). :)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Went to the Tri State at the E'ville armory yesterday at 12:45. They started selling tickets about that time and let us into the hallway. We had to wait until 1300 to go into the exhibition area. I was in the 1st 5 or so people. I could look out the window of an office and the line was single file to the drive (about 25-30 yds.)

There were several tables with ARs. The cheapest one I saw was a new Double Star for $1,250. It was still there after 30 minutes and I told the table lady I couldn't believe it wasn't grabbed. I don't know much about Double Star so maybe they aren't worth that much. A guy had a couple DPMSs for $1,800 ea but said he'd take less for both together. Another table had a DPMS for about $1,500 and a Colt for over $3,000. I saw a table with bulk 5.56 that was 950 rounds for $850. 30 round Pmags were going for $50 at one table. Old used Colt 30 rounders were going for $25 ea.

I wasn't looking for anything to buy but figured $6 wasn't too bad to just walk around and watch the crowd. Oh, I did see Winchester primers, I think "large rifle", asking $70/1,000.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom