• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I'm in search of a range (public or private) around the Jasper/Ferdinand area where I can reach out past 200 yards. I have been taking my AR to the Sugar Ridge range for awhile now and while it is a great range, I'd like to try my hand at some longer distances. So if anybody knows of any ranges I'd like to hear about them.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I am in the same boat. I am in search of a long, outdoor range to visit that is within an hour or two from my home in Greenfield, IN. The few that I have heard of are too far of a drive and require membership.

kirch86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    I am in the same boat. I am in search of a long, outdoor range to visit that is within an hour or two from my home in Greenfield, IN. The few that I have heard of are too far of a drive and require membership.

Crosley in north vernon has a free range that goes out to 200yrds. A bit of a drive for the op, but it is within 2 hours of you

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I know the feeling. The range I go to in Terre Haute only goes to 150 yards. Been doing well at that distance with my M14/M1A, but would like to get a bit farther out.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    It is a hard thing to find. My local membership range is going 200. I have a little farm lot with a perfect backstop but once the crop get knee high it is over till harvest (Soybeans are very hard to walk through when growing well.)

I have found 22 lr at 100 is just about equal to to 308 at 300 yards. Drop's are just about the same, wind drift is a bit different if you use high quality bullets handloaded, and if you have about the same setup approx with 22 and 308 it should help a lot when you do find a range that goes 300 or longer.

Out west it is easier to shoot long than here east or midwest. This is my friend Eirnie. He is a crack shot long distance pistol shooter. Since he put the stuff on you tube I guess everyone is ok to see them. Might get your blood pumping a bit.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFafJpKGCMs&feature=my_favorites&list=FLfEoqqK-q7iARmKwk742NZg[/ame]

When he says for those limiting themselves to 600 yards this scope wil serve you well. Eirnie shoots P-dogs at 750. All with a pistol. Well not your average pistol.

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Well, folks, your search is over. The Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club has a range out to 500 yards, AND, you do not have to be a member to try it out. We have 500 yard practice days the first Saturday of the month starting in March, through November or December. We have all of the equipment to borrow and plenty of good help for the really newbie. For the measly sum of $5 you can shoot all day and learn how to give good pit service. It is fun and easy.
    We have Garand matches, NRA High Power Rifle matches, CMP Sniper matches, and we are putting on a couple of Hunting Rifle matches this year. And, if all goes well, we will be having 1000 yard matches this year at Fort Knox. It is not required to be a member to attend any of the public events, but entry fees are reduced if you are. Our outdoor range is located at 17906 State Highwy 60, just east of Borden, Indiana.
    If there is anything else that I can offer, please feel free to contact me. Email or PM is fine. DennyMac

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Well, folks, your search is over. The Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club has a range out to 500 yards, AND, you do not have to be a member to try it out. We have 500 yard practice days the first Saturday of the month starting in March, through November or December. We have all of the equipment to borrow and plenty of good help for the really newbie. For the measly sum of $5 you can shoot all day and learn how to give good pit service. It is fun and easy.
    We have Garand matches, NRA High Power Rifle matches, CMP Sniper matches, and we are putting on a couple of Hunting Rifle matches this year. And, if all goes well, we will be having 1000 yard matches this year at Fort Knox. It is not required to be a member to attend any of the public events, but entry fees are reduced if you are. Our outdoor range is located at 17906 State Highwy 60, just east of Borden, Indiana.
    If there is anything else that I can offer, please feel free to contact me. Email or PM is fine. DennyMac

What a great advertisement. I will be the one on the blue Harley with rifle and equipment strapped on the back.

Top Bottom