• ...and so much more!
  • khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    I got an email from Creedmoor Sports announcing their move from the Republik of Kalifornia (my translation) to Alabama. I wonder how long before other manufacturers, distributors and retailers realize the advantages of moving?

The announcement:

Creedmoor Sports Is Moving to Alabama

On or before April 15th, 2013, Creedmoor Sports Inc. will cease all operations at our Oceanside, California location and relocate to our newly acquired facilities in Anniston, Alabama. We have dubbed this move "Operation Roll Tide".

The decision to move was based on several factors including; business climate, proximity to greater number of customers, employee pool and growth potential.

Our new facilities are located aboard old Fort McClellan, ten minutes North of CMP Headquarters in Anniston. Morris Building of Anniston began construction and renovation February 4th on the existing building and on a new addition. Many of our employees key to production and operations will be moving with us, thereby minimizing any potential disruption to service.

Periodic updates with pictures will be posted on our Facebook page. To receive these updates, simply "Like" our page: https://www.facebook.com/CreedmoorSports

Below you'll see a pictures of the entrance to our new building prior to any renovations being completed, and of the new street sign on the nearest corner with our new building in the background.

We look forward to the increased opportunities this move provides and we appreciate your support during this transition.

Dennis DeMille
    GM, Creedmoor Sports Inc.

Our New Address Will Be:
    Creedmoor Sports, Inc.
    167 Creedmoor Way
    Anniston, AL 36205

Pretty close to the CMP South Store!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    And if manufacturers, having vacated the premises, cease to do business with gov and LE in that state.

As the supply diminishes, the prices will rise. Imagine that.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Indiana is one of the most business friendly places as of late, to top that off, we seem pretty good on our gun laws here. I'm curious as to why we don't have an influx of gun manufacturers here?

Oh, I'm sure Indiana is being considered. From a general gun-friendly, business-friendly point of view, Indiana is very competitive. Possible reasons Indiana hasn't landed such companies yet:
    • There really aren't many moving (so far). It is not a trivial matter to move a company and even when they do decide to move, it takes time to decide on a destination and actually make the move.
    • Cold weather.
    • Lack of a gun manufacturing base here. Often times, companies like to be located near others of a similar type to be able to find a pool of workers with the proper skills.

That said, it doesn't mean that we won't land any. It just means that it is still early on.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    It just isn't gun companies that'll be pulling up stakes either. With NYs new set of fascism setting in you are going to see a lot of people who own businesses pull up roots. I know a guy who is a moderator on another board and he is a jeweler/bullion dealer by trade. We're talking millions in sales a year. He is going to fight the new laws until the last and if they do not repeal he is closing shop and looking at WV.

This is going to be a trend.

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    You know the state spends a lot of money working with China and the other Asian manufacturers. I wonder if a Trade Mission to the Northeast US firearms and ammunition manufacturers would be appropriate?

I know we have enough skilled workers and our tax rates are reported to be better than some of our "Eastern" neighbors.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    You know the state spends a lot of money working with China and the other Asian manufacturers. I wonder if a Trade Mission to the Northeast US firearms and ammunition manufacturers would be appropriate?

I know we have enough skilled workers and our tax rates are reported to be better than some of our "Eastern" neighbors.

Great idea! We should also send a Trade Mission to the People's Republic of Illinois. Bring them to a free state. :rockwoot:

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Indiana is one of the most business friendly places as of late, to top that off, we seem pretty good on our gun laws here. I'm curious as to why we don't have an influx of gun manufacturers here?
    To quote from the Fiscal Impact Statement for SB 130
    "It is estimated that approximately 114 manufacturers of firearms (other than
    destructive devices) existed in Indiana during 2011. Thirty-seven of these manufactures were “special
    occupational tax” (SOT) taxpayers. SOT taxpayers include firms that produce more than only a few firearms
    or firearm accessories per year." Not sure the name on those 114, but we do have a fair number in Indiana

darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Hey

Bring them to Oklahoma, our Governor just announced on several Oklahoma radio stations the she case completed her CC course and is saying she will NOT stand for the laws that assoma and his boys are trying to pass.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom